Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

County Championship 2023

planetgeli

There's no future in England's dreaming
Just to note in the OP that Surrey have Burns, Sibley and Pope as their new numbers 1.2.3.

Unsurprisingly they managed 77/4 out of that before being rescued by Foakes.

But I can't talk. Sussex "no reason we can't push for promotion" - apart from the fact you're crap and your average age is still ridiculously young with no experience - against Durham who, put into bat, are 117/0 after 22 overs. Opening bowlers are 21, 21, 29 (Aussie 3rd string import), 25 (Garton, England experience but still stupidly expensive fast uncontrolled bowler), 24 (a batsman) and 21.

Push for promotion my arse.

Who do you all support/follow?

They've changed the points system this year. Still 16 for a win but only 5 (was 8) for a draw. Also the batting bonus points have all gone up by 50 runs, i.e it now starts at 250, 300, 350, 400, 450.

And Sussex have just somehow scraped a win by 2 wickets in their first game.

The wheels come off the Leicestershire recovery truck with an ear-splitting screech. Fans on twitter, bewildered and disoriented by recent success: "We're back!!"

Screenshot 2023-05-04 at 16.32.47.png

I also like how Sussex are refusing to let Smith bat at 4. The player who would move down would be Tom Alsop. He scored 182* in the last game instead.

:facepalm: at kent

i didn't expect it to get to the end of the day, but looks like they had decided to go to the pub at lunch time

Loads of times this season Sussex have bowled out the opposition cheaply, scored a few runs, then failed to bowl them out second time around. Today we went one better allowing Glamorgan, who got 123 in the first innings, to score 737 (a Boeing?) in the second, the 5th highest second innings score in 1st class cricket ever.

And we fucked Robinson.

So we enter the t20 break with... Yorkshire bottom of the pile. Oh dear never mind.

Will be interesting to see how the dynamic changes later in the season when the England/Aus players are all gone. Most of them have performed very well.

Not the county championship but surely worth a mention.

Sussex 2nd XI, which looks suspiciously like Sussex's 1st XI minus Robinson and the overseas players, just scored 324-7. So what?

It was in a T20.

Is this a record? They then bowled out Middlesex for 130 to win by 194 runs. In a T20. Ridiculous.

For the record, Ravi Bopara scored 144 not out off 49 balls.

Not followed County Cricket for years because I've not seen (not really looked for, admittedly) good cricket feeds.

One thing that confuses me on coming back to it is that the counties with most players in last test Durham and Yorks are in League 2, and Yorks are bottom :eek: Are there so many internationals that they never get to play county?

Not followed County Cricket for years because I've not seen (not really looked for, admittedly) good cricket feeds.

One thing that confuses me on coming back to it is that the counties with most players in last test Durham and Yorks are in League 2, and Yorks are bottom :eek: Are there so many internationals that they never get to play county?

Central contracts. England will only let them play as warm-ups. Robinson played one and a half games so far, Anderson and Broad one or two each.

In other news, hate Surrey but have never trusted Kent. 501 ffs, and they're going to let them get it.

Sussex doing something similar, though not quite as bad, against Worcs.

Most Counties have their matches streamed nowadays..
Camera work much better than the early days..
You can catch them on Youtube...
Perhaps tune in to Surrey knocking off the runs (hopefully..) against Kent..
They were set 501...

Just watched it, ta :)

I see cricket's gone to the silly numbers on their backs too :rolleyes;

It's tricky to find on youtube what do you normally search?

Back
Top Bottom