Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

'Conspiraloons' in the ascendancy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What gets written on that blog is totally irrelevant to your claims here.

Once again: could you name some of the 'plentiful' people here who are purportedly suffering from this curious "irrational skepticism" and who are "pathological conspiracy denialists" and support that claim with some documented examples?

How much longer are you going to keep wriggling away here?

How about rather than attacking people who don't believe the conspiracy theories, you actually try to defend them, Phil (and others)? Sell them, explain them, prove them.

Oh, you can't.
And that's what makes them conspiracies, and not facts. Was that difficult?

IMO, the existance, or non existance, of any "god" like being, can only be proved to ones self, by ones self. :)

Which ones?

I certainly don't believe in all conspiracy theories. I believe in some of them.

I don't believe 9/11 was an inside job, but I do believe that Robert Maxwell was murdered by the Mossad, for example.

another can of worms and yet again, more than likely although you wouldn't be able to get actual evidence to please Clapham Boy QC

another can of worms and yet again, more than likely although you wouldn't be able to get actual evidence to please Clapham Boy QC

I have an open mind on Maxwell, although his financial woe does tend to indicate that suicide was a real possibility.

The big different in cases like Maxwell and Kelly is the lack of available witnesses and to a degree evidence, unlike in the Diana case.

I have an open mind on Maxwell, although his financial woe does tend to indicate that suicide was a real possibility.

The big different in cases like Maxwell and Kelly is the lack of available witnesses and to a degree evidence, unlike in the Diana case.

in many libel cases the geezer suing (usually with a big pot of money behind him) wins due to the defendant not being able to supply proof, even though it's often someone as slimey as they come, and the accusations were very probably true

in many libel cases the geezer suing (usually with a big pot of money behind him) wins due to the defendant not being able to supply proof, even though it's often someone as slimey as they come, and the accusations were very probably true

And your point is?

And that's what makes them conspiracies, and not facts. Was that difficult?

I fail to see the appeal in taking as fact - or even theory - something that is someone else's evidence-free vague hunch.

Why should I? Really, why would I bother?

There's enough facts out there to keep me busy and interested, without wasting time on some internet stranger's insupportable hypotheses. Which, when you humour them and take the time to examine it, tends to be based on the wildest, most opposite misreading of the freely available facts, with a big dollop of prejudice and paranoia and frequently cites sources that peddle ludicrous antisemitic woefully misrepresentative bollocks. And then charge people for DVDS containing more of the same.

:facepalm:

I fail to see the appeal in taking as fact - or even theory - something that is someone else's evidence-free vague hunch.

Why should I? Really, why would I bother?

There's enough facts out there to keep me busy and interested, without wasting time on some internet stranger's insupportable hypotheses. Which, when you humour them and take the time to examine it, tends to be based on the wildest, most opposite misreading of the freely available facts, with a big dollop of prejudice and paranoia and frequently cites sources that peddle ludicrous antisemitic woefully misrepresentative bollocks. And then charge people for DVDS containing more of the same.

:facepalm:
And that's right for you. What is right for me is wibble.

It is interesting that our conspiracy denialists are almost always atheist fundamentalists as well. Relativist skepticism elevated to a moral absolute.

On the flip side it's interesting that so many conspiraloons are religious, I guess if you are prepared the biggest fairy tale of all you are likely to believe them all.

It is interesting that our conspiracy denialists are almost always atheist fundamentalists as well. Relativist skepticism elevated to a moral absolute.

Whilst the conspiracy believers tend to think that they are God manifesting himself in human form. Like David Icke for example. :)

Judging by your conduct here, you're some kind of question denialist, and you worship at the Church Of The Extended Wriggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom