Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all a bit patronising too. Look how many LBGTQQRSTFLMNOP friends I have! How thankful they must be for me helping them out in this way.

i don't know about you but whenever someone talks in this sort of way with me i generally feel quite uncomfortable and it's a few steps away from viewing people as all being oppressed and deserving of pity to viewing them in other stereotypical ways as well

it's a fucking minefield especially if there's only one path, do you stay a sinister lurking distance behind, or attempt to overtake, thereby increasing the fear, but only temporarily until you get a safe distance in front

you have no idea what us allies go through

Whats not on, regardless of race, gender or anything, is to casually walk two feet behind someone on a deserted night street. Even if the person in front of you is a brick shithouse built to municipal proportions and is clearly three sheets.

They can hear you. The scenarios are flashing through their head. Cross the damn road. That goes double if its a woman. Just courtesy. No need to shit someone up, give them that itch between the shoulder blades of 'oh fuck'. Have some manners

Chronicles of Gor barely qualifies as reading material, let alone literature. :mad:

but if you're so devoted to feminism why woudl you "chill out" by reading literature that was consciously "non-feminist"? it's like being an anti-fascist and then chilling out by reading some enid blyton?

why would you do it?

but if you're so devoted to feminism why woudl you "chill out" by reading literature that was consciously "non-feminist"?<snip>

I suppose it's on a par with going vegetarian for political/pulling reasons but sneaking the odd bacon sarnie because you just don't enjoy much of the vegetarian food you've tasted so far.

I suppose it's on a par with going vegetarian for political/pulling reasons but sneaking the odd bacon sarnie because you just don't enjoy much of the vegetarian food you've tasted so far.

lol I had a friend that did this (well sort of, his gf refused to date meat eaters) but he ended up veggie in the end

not to mention transgression enjoyment

or even something so simple as reading tightly plotted trash cos you like it. For anyone who has read David Gemmel you know exactly what I mean. Characters called 'Bane the Bastard' who happen to be the wronged son of a clan chief and a man trained in the use of two swords in the fighting pits of the evil empire, who was bought from your wicked uncle by slavers but has fought to freedom etc etc

And that cunt with the repeating crossbow, Gemmel got three books out of him and I still can't remember his name. It was all about the plot/action

Whats not on, regardless of race, gender or anything, is to casually walk two feet behind someone on a deserted night street. Even if the person in front of you is a brick shithouse built to municipal proportions and is clearly three sheets.

They can hear you. The scenarios are flashing through their head. Cross the damn road. That goes double if its a woman. Just courtesy. No need to shit someone up, give them that itch between the shoulder blades of 'oh fuck'. Have some manners

I'm not gonna cross the rasclaat road whenever someone is in front of me at night but that doesn't mean I don't have manners. Same rules whatever the time, either keep an appropriate distance or overtake. What sort of absolute weirdo walks two feet behind someone for any noticeable length of time, whatever the time of day?

One day me and my mate Paula were coming back from a night out. As we approached Paulas house (where i might have been living at the time, cant remember when i moved in) we heard a noise like a cat. We turned around and it was a guy, we heard his voice across the street "DON'T WORRY! I'M NOT A RAPIST!" we both started running like fuck, and bolted up the hill to where paulas house was.

I'm now thinking that we had no reason to be scared and this guy was only trying to be a feminist ally. :(

I'm not gonna cross the rasclaat road whenever someone is in front of me at night but that doesn't mean I don't have manners. Same rules whatever the time, either keep an appropriate distance or overtake. What sort of absolute weirdo walks two feet behind someone for any noticeable length of time, whatever the time of day?

people in a crowded fast moving street

Ahem, good sir. I will defend my collections of Frederick Forsyth to the last bullet even if he is a bit right-wing.

Don't worry, no one looking at your book collection will notice anything other than the 95% of it or so that is about serial killers and the several large and brightly coloured mental health self help books

your secret will be completely safe from everyone who is running very fast back to town

Don't worry, no one looking at your book collection will notice anything other than the 95% of it or so that is about serial killers and the several large and brightly coloured mental health self help books

your secret will be completely safe from everyone who is running very fast back to town

keep-calm-and-spin-around-in-circles-on-my-middle-finger.png

not to mention transgression enjoyment

or even something so simple as reading tightly plotted trash cos you like it. For anyone who has read David Gemmel you know exactly what I mean. Characters called 'Bane the Bastard' who happen to be the wronged son of a clan chief and a man trained in the use of two swords in the fighting pits of the evil empire, who was bought from your wicked uncle by slavers but has fought to freedom etc etc

And that cunt with the repeating crossbow, Gemmel got three books out of him and I still can't remember his name. It was all about the plot/action

Waylander!

thats the bloke with the repeating cossbow and the moniker straight out of the 80s. Waylander, a man wronged, a man of mystery. All we know is his preternatural skill at arms and his repeating crossbow. Together with a ragged priest he will bring peace to a wounded land.

Forsyth is no Ludlum but he is a good thriller writer
The Day Of The Jackal was a rollicking read, but I found his others something of a downward spiral. Too much showing off about how he could obtain fake passports/smuggle weapons/exfiltrate Nazis etc. Dogs Of War was 90% boring detail about dodgy export certificates!

The Day Of The Jackal was a rollicking read, but I found his others something of a downward spiral. Too much showing off about how he could obtain fake passports/smuggle weapons/exfiltrate Nazis etc. Dogs Of War was 90% boring detail about dodgy export certificates!
It's all a bit; ' aren't I edgy for knowing all this stuff, must mean I know the type of people who do this for real'
Like Sean beans character in Ronin

It's all a bit; ' aren't I edgy for knowing all this stuff, must mean I know the type of people who do this for real'
Like Sean beans character in Ronin
LOVELY BIT O' RASPBERRY JAM BACK THERE!

*BOKE*

honk006ronin.jpg

PS So what colour is the Boat Shed at 'Heerfud'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom