Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laurie-Penny-and-Nick-Lez-007.jpg

That man has a startlingly slappable face. And Penny is quite cute; but then so is Pixie Lott, I wouldn’t recommend reading a feminist tract by either.

i was thinking the 'virtual teetotaller' bit didn't gel with the many exciting pissed up tweets i've seen from her over the past year. must've taken the pledge fairly recently (mind you, she seems to have given up twitter recently. or i've unfollowed her, dunno which).

i was thinking the 'virtual teetotaller' bit didn't gel with the many exciting pissed up tweets i've seen from her over the past year. must've taken the pledge fairly recently (mind you, she seems to have given up twitter recently. or i've unfollowed her, dunno which).
I got the impression she lived in a big nutty house, like the Monkees, except with loadsa booze, scrapes with the man, and the internationale at the end of every evening.

I got the impression she lived in a big nutty house, like the Monkees, except with loadsa booze, scrapes with the man, and the internationale at the end of every evening.
Sounds like some weird liberal journo version of big brother.

You could have LP, Hari, that Kitten(?) off Big Brother

That man has a startlingly slappable face.
I have to say I still feel like I owe Lezard a debt of gratitude for writing a glowing review of Greil Marcus' Lipstick Traces, about 17 years ago, which connected me to Society of the Spectacle, which weaned me off Social Democracy (via various pamphlets from AK Press).

I can't help feeling that the picture editor of The Guardian dislikes one or both of them. The picture screams 'smug wankers'.
I suspect that some photographers imagine that the fag aloft pose evokes an appropriate sense of bookish boho sophistication. I remember a Mark E.Smith interview where he refused to do it. And also one where Guy Chadwick happily obliged.

I suspect that some photographers imagine that the fag aloft pose evokes an appropriate sense of bookish boho sophistication. I remember a Mark E.Smith interview where he refused to do it. And also one where Guy Chadwick happily obliged.
It's just so louche, darling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom