Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has she said anything about Johann Hari yet? Sniping from various directions about 'young and recently-high-profile journalists' who were given a leg-up by Hari suddenly being silent - sounds rather as though they mean LP, perhaps?

I see the Young Britons' Foundation website is listing Laurie Penny on its homepage for some reason. Maybe there's something she's not telling us?

Are you looking for a daily dose of conservative inspiration but don’t know where to look? Check out YBF’s suggested Sound Bites on Twitter:

Member of Parliament: @timloughton

Tim Loughton MP is the Minister for Children & Families and MP for the Sussex constituency of East Worthing & Shoreham since 1997. Sometime archaeologist.Check out his website.
International Politician: @netanyahu

Benjamin Netanyahu is the Prime Minister of Israel. Follow updates from his office here.
Blogger: @PennyRed

Writer, journalist, feminist, reprobate. Working mainly for the New Statesman. Follow her blog here.
Journalist: @afneil

Presenter BBC1 This Week; Presenter BBC2 Daily Politics; Chairman Spectator Magazines; Chairman ITP Magazines (Dubai); Chairman World Media Rights (London). Follow his BBC blog here.
Think Tank: @QuilliamF

Quilliam is the world’s first counter-extremism think tank. Based in London, its staff include former leading members of extremist Islamist organizations. Check out their website.
Other: @BreakingNews

Breaking news alerts around the world from hundreds of sources 24 hours a day. Get more on BreakingNews.com, and follow our team on @breaking. Their website also provides breaking news stories.

http://www.ybf.org.uk/

Or one of these 'Young Britons' has a crush on Ms. Penny, for which he is 'ragged' mercilessly by the other 'chaps'.

Hey normals, check this out. Laurie's flatmate is a 48 year old guardian journo. Crazy.

Bollocks.

Laurie-Penny-and-Nick-Lez-007.jpg

Nick refers to this place as "the Hovel", but it's a palace compared with some of the places I've lived, by virtue of having an intact ceiling and no one's drug-dealer boyfriend sleeping on the sofa.

I've just seen this drivel in a colleagues paper.

I can't even get beyond the first sentence of Penny's without it winding me up...
When I told my friends I was leaving inner-city proto-bohemia and moving in

I've resisted knowing too much about this one so far, but I couldn't help checking her background this time.
According to Wikipedia, 'She then completed her NCTJ journalism training certificate in London.[citation needed]
Anyone got any idea if and where she did her NCTJ then?

Which one K_e?

Her and the flatmate one...to be clear, I get how lifestyle pieces generally are but this is thin for even that to say the least...puzzling stuff...almost as if someone is doing her a favour by giving some favourable coverage than anything...

journalists love writing about themselves, and the guardian loves printing it. what's to puzzle over?

Yeah you're probably right...just doesn't seem quite right. My experience of the media, and guardian journos etc tells me there's a bit more to this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom