Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Dave would dye his hair (pink anyway).

Oh I dunno, he has been known to be quite 'whacky' on occasion has our Dave...

batman-robin.jpg

I think I'm fortunate enough never to have encountered you before. I'm glad about that - you seem like an unlikeable cunt from your couple of posts on this thread.

Violently attacking a police range rover ffs

Never let context get in the way of a good irrational 3 minute hate.

Well, that killed a quiet Friday evening while my better half is out on the work's Christmas night out!

Cheers Dave/Laura/Laurie. :D

I was sending telepathic messages to my partner "don't come home too soon" "don't come home too soon".

It's worked as well she's spending the night at her sisters:D

But what now? Damn Laura left too soon:(

Now I feel empty inside it was a hollow victory for a hollow little man:(

:D

It was a Land Rover, and he wasn't attacking, he hadn't actually attacked when he had his face shot.

Really? There's another thread for this. I really need to go over the idea that you can charge at someone with a fire extinguisher over your head, in self defence, again?

The idea I put forward is the wild concept that attacking armed police with a blunt object makes you, at least, partially culpable, for your own death. Now we could take about the matter at hand, or we could keep talking about this, which makes my point that some people on urban hold irrational grudges, and arguments for a massive amount of time.

Really? There's another thread for this. I really need to go over the idea that you can charge at someone with a fire extinguisher over your head, in self defence, again?

The idea I put forward is the wild concept that attacking armed police with a blunt object makes you, at least, partially culpable, for your own death. Now we could take about the matter at hand, or we could keep talking about this, which makes my point that some people on urban hold irrational grudges, and arguments for a massive amount of time.

Fuck off fash boy

There's a lot of shit on the thread - and it was inevitable that Laurie Penny would focus on that or the weaker factual points to dismiss the stronger criticisms. It's tempting to say that those people who wrote those things gave her a way out, but she wouldn't have answered the criticisms if the shit was deleted. Her pointing out "look it's all about me" says enough.

It would be a fairly glib point to make (but that won't stop me) that she has basically reinforced the most pertinent criticisms of journalists of her ilk in her interventions in this thread.

I remember contributing to the thread when she wrote her excellent piece on being raped. I'm sure most people on the thread agreed. No doubt she hasn't seen that part of the thread yet.

I'd rather just mark you down as a cunt and move on if it's all the same to you.

laurie comes on here objecting to people who think she's just some jumped up private school to oxbridge to internship to media to voice of the radical left definition of privilege

...by pretty much confirming the existence of that very journey, talking entirely about herself, failing to answer any of the numerous points/criticisms directed at her and then flouncing off because we're all misogynistic destroyers of the left.

i knew i ordered pizza and beer for a reason! hilarity i am in you. p.s. laurie i liked that recent article about young britons, not bad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom