Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, don't you, that this is why we can't have nice things. Like a revolution.

I'm sure your hearts are in the right place, but collectively you come across like a bunch of creepy bedroom bullies.

Hear hear. Hating on people doing stuff is rather detractive. Besides, you are the only self-professed radfem journalist that I know of, in mainstream press. That's all.

aerial assaults over Libya:
pennylibyanoflyzone.jpg

Hear hear. Hating on people doing stuff is rather detractive. Besides, you are the only self-professed radfem journalist that I know of, in mainstream press. That's all.

a radfem who has been known to attack other radfems in her column to push her pro-sex industry nonsense. very sisterly.

fair point. . . some of the hatey stuff oversteps the mark

Yes but to focus only on that is a bit dishonest - there's loads of perfectly valid criticism on this thread - pages of it. And mentioning an essay about someone I've never even heard of doesn't really do it justice.

The 'hatey stuff' just provides a good excuse to either ignore the credible stuff or go attention seeking on twitter - I'd be pleased if Laura doesn't take either of these options and actually engages. I'd also be very surprised sadly.

bedroom bullies? what does that mean? is it a sexual thing? have we been accused of poor sexual etiquette as well as being not lefties, post colonialists, not doing action of any sort, and caring for the working classes rather than the champagne classes.

we all hate women apparently. All of us. All women.

an attack on one is an attack on all.

as a working class man, i therefore assume that when lp has a go at a thread on which i have posted, she is having a go at all working class men.

i was living in a tree for the cause whilst she was still playing with dolls. i don't need to take this.

*thumps stick on veranda*

*wanders off confused*

I really, really hope she's going through the thread now. I can't imagine she wouldn't.

And what I really want for Christmas, Santa, is for some actual engagement with the many, many valid and serious political points in this thread. FFS, it's really fucking tedious to have it whittled down to a Twitter status about trolls, toilet habits and misogyny, and have all the cheerleaders agree yes how awful it is and how some people don't like a woman with an opinion and this is why the left fail.

I'm sure your hearts are in the right place, but collectively you come across like a bunch of creepy bedroom bullies.

Polly_Toynbee.jpg

Not standing outside Westminster school 28 grand a year(term?)

I really, really hope she's going through the thread now. I can't imagine she wouldn't.

And what I really want for Christmas, Santa, is for some actual engagement with the many, many valid and serious political points in this thread. FFS, it's really fucking tedious to have it whittled down to a Twitter status about trolls, toilet habits and misogyny, and have all the cheerleaders agree yes how awful it is and how some people don't like a woman with an opinion and this is why the left fail.
Yep, for all the quick posts and that, this is it. Won't happen. Couldn't even deal with a shortened version of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom