Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
b.jpg

I'll fucking say. :D

Seconded.

Notice how it's no longer a life-threatening incident once she's been outed for lying about it and it's more useful to admit that her recollection might ascribe greater significance to the alleged incident than those of her alleged saviour.

And cue firky getting a twittersquall. I'd do a Johann Hari one, or - no waiy, you've already been called a misogynist.

It's upsetting, because I want and need to come back to the UK, but the constant trolling and threats of violence make it hard to work.

Laura is like an anti Zainab Al-Khawaja. Also, has molly booted her out? What does this cataclysmic turn of events mean for the future of The New Left.

This actually is what she does - privilege meets personal post-modernism. I deserve to be everyone i want to be. So i am. That can be a really healthy and inspiring thing coming from someone with insight, sense, humility and respect for wider society. Coming from her it just inadvertently demonstrates how shallow she is. I want a pony.

we all want a fucking pony :mad:

The thing with the "revolutionary middle classes" (pffft) is that they're always vanguardists. Always chiefs rather than Indians; always staff officers rather than enlisted men. They're scum attempting to ride to power by pretending to represent the masses, and that is all most of them are. Ms. finger should know better, given her position, and the fact that she doesn't speaks volumes about who her commitment is to, and it ain't "the workers".

innit. and whenever people talk like that i know that they're not including me or mine in that in group.

And cue firky getting a twittersquall. I'd do a Johann Hari one, or - no waiy, you've already been called a misogynist.

Was making a coffee and suddenly my phone started going mad. I now fantasise about violence to women, deserved cancer and something about nuts magazine I didn't quite get or understand.

Laura is like an anti Zainab Al-Khawaja. Also, has molly booted her out? What does this cataclysmic turn of events mean for the future of The New Left.

mental how she can't come back to the UK because someone on the internet is trolling her

(btw firky, i think that thing was out of order mate, there's many ways to have a go at her but that isn't the most effective or clever, she'll come out of it looking better than you will)

none of us can go on the internet without fear of violence. fortunately it's only internet violence, so nevermind.

also, that reminds me of johnathonbishop's whining.

Was making a coffee and suddenly my phone started going mad. I now fantasise about violence to women, deserved cancer and something about nuts magazine I didn't quite get or understand.

1. you kind of did.
2. you kind of did.
3. sausages.

FFS, it's funny. It is hardly an incitement to violence against women. The bloke being beaten up looks nothing like a woman... or Laurie Penny!

I can see people's point that they think I want to smack LP up but it's more of an assault on her politics than her physical self, it's quite easy to understand the allegory (?) behind it, surely?

If only I was Steve Bell.

I'm sure you didn't intend it to be a satirical masterpiece, or a sincere relfection of your desire to beat up Laurie Penny, tbh you'd be best off just apologising for any offense caused and putting it behind you i reckon.

Laurie Penny@PennyRed
It's upsetting, because I want and need to come back to the UK, but the constant trolling and threats of violence make it hard to work.

Can I take it that attempts at investigative journalism are beyond Penny Dreadful, then? IIRC, one of the common indicators of a journalist really having something to say that's worth hearing is if they face such threats on a fairly regular basis.

And didn't Her Majesty once spout off about how good journalists are supposed to be fearless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom