Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
laura said:
Teenage kids of color from Brooklyn. Passionate, inspiring

Office0310H-babusinesslife-camilla-batmanghelidjh-1cab45d3-024f-4e63-b727-97f96e7a6bfd.jpg

I wear scarves because I hate jackets. With my outfits I can go into a crack den in the morning, then to an expensive dinner at night. The kids like my scarves so they're always disappearing. They sleep with them sometimes. I often have to send word out that I've run out of scarves!

You're reading into it something that isn't there. I've worked with middle-class people and the exact same frustration applied there too. Plenty of cretinous vapid people work in middle-class jobs. I wasn't making a point about class, it was you who assumed on my behalf that "the ability to hold a converation = middle class" coz that's not something I said, or even implied. I just would like to work in any job where you can have a decent conversation with your workmates, coz the last few jobs I've had that's been in really short supply. And I'm well entitled to have whinge about it as well.

I know one or two journalists also. They barely qualify as middle-class as it happens, at least going on how much they earn. Not every journalist earns what Laurie Penny earns, not these days anyway.

I am slowly turning into Roland off Paul Calf's video diaries though I freely admit it.
you callin my car a queer?

I'm just laughing tbf. In a really serious way, obvs.

It really isn't funny. When older people started mimicking their stupid children and saying, 'Can I get...?,' instead of 'Can I have...?,' it became obvious that Spengler had been right all along.

Some people did issue warnings when everybody started ending statements with a questioning intonation.

When you use the terms 'passionate' or 'inspiring,' you're only one step away from saying 'going forward', and then all hope really is lost.

I bet when she goes to a cafe she says 'Can I get a coffee?'

And this is the person you're all taking seriously.
twat.
saying 'can i get a coffee' betrays nothing of a person's qualities

It really isn't funny. When older people started mimicking their stupid children and saying, 'Can I get...?,' instead of 'Can I have...?,' it became obvious that Spengler had been right all along.

Some people did issue warnings when everybody started ending statements with a questioning intonation.
nobber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom