Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bash street kids were the real class warriors - Leo Baxendale being an anarchist of course.

They acted in unison. Dennis, if we are to take him as a class warrior, was a strangely individualistic lone gunmen- certainly he never built up grass roots support and had no respect for common goals.

Dennis is a footsoldier in the BUF more like- I simply won't have this appalling revisionist take on the beano.

Dennis and Gnasher put the boot into Walter and Foo-Foo, kicking the ruling classes where it hurt! :mad: Dennis wore the red and the black, obviously an expression of his anarcho-communism! :mad:

He was no anarkid

Red and black - check.
Direct Action against fascism and the forces of the state - check.
Scruffy hair - check.
Affinity group in which he was the informal but accountable leader - check.
Support for animal rights (he had a liberated pig Rasher, and his dog had freedom of movement) - check.

tupperbanner1.gif

Desperate Dan, now there was a comic character in The Dandy. Initially Dan was a desperado on the wrong side of the law. Later on he switched sides and become a friendlier character, helping the underdog. His favourite food being 'cow pie' – an enormous meat pie with the horns sticking out.

Desperate Dan was published by Dundee based DC Thompson a notoriously anti trades union company.

Desperate Dan, now there was a comic character in The Dandy. Initially Dan was a desperado on the wrong side of the law. Later on he switched sides and become a friendlier character, helping the underdog. His favourite food being 'cow pie' – an enormous meat pie with the horns sticking out.

228348105_fa4f8846c1_o.jpg

Desperate Dan was published by Dundee based DC Thompson a notoriously anti trades union company.

who also only employed protestants. this went on into at least the late 60s. my dad (raised a protestant) was asked at his own Sunday Post (lol) job interview with them "and you are a protestant?".

My favourite was an athlete called Wilson in a comic called The Wizard. Although born in the late 18th century ( and in Yorkshire) had been given the secret of eternal life from some old bloke and lived on nuts and berries. Had an incredible record including a three minute mile,first man to really climb Everest, captained the Engalnd cricket team to victory in the Ashes and shot down 20 odd german planes during the war.

Role model- we need more like him .

My favourite was an athlete called Wilson in a comic called The Wizard. Although born in the late 18th century ( and in Yorkshire) had been given the secret of eternal life from some old bloke and lived on nuts and berries. Had an incredible record including a three minute mile,first man to really climb Everest, captained the Engalnd cricket team to victory in the Ashes and shot down 20 odd german planes during the war.

Role model- we need more like him .

Sounds like an obituary from the Telegraph.

dennis is middle class. his dad always wore a suit and tie. walter is a swotty cunt what deserved lamping though, so fair play.

'lazy bones' was my hero but that was in 'whizzer and chips' which was probably a bit too hardcore for you cunts.

All he says is i am a kingpin. He doesn't comment on any 'influence'. These people are in for a shock. Not in their intern and think-tank and party workshops though.

now now, why can't you just be media savvy, as one of these types kept going on about the other week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom