Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

‘March for the Alternative’ - 26th March - London

"We got drunk, trashed the Ritz & then went down Piccadilly to loot a few items from Fortnums" - Boris Johnson Autobiography in reference to the Bullingdon Club 1986

A group of masked men dressed in black going around smashing up shops? The imagery is undeniably similar. If that makes you feel uncomfortable then tough shit.

In all the footage and photographs I've seen of Kristallnacht (and I've seen a lot), I've never seen anyone masked.
They weren't masked because they knew they had the state's approval to do what they were doing, because they knew that the police would stand by while they did it.

Oh, and most of the uniformed types during Kristallnacht were, so history informs us, were wearing brown, not black.

what a strange world you live in Hertford. Did you see a man at the newsagents negotiating his monthly beano subscription and automatically be reminded of the molotov-ribbetrop pact?

Don't fucking exaggerate!! :mad:

It reminded him of the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk, you twat!

was that the point? the point moon was making was about how people feel when confronted with masked people smashing things- and yes that would be fear, because you'd think they were after you personally. That doesn't translate into the vast majority not condoning it- it might be a valid assertion, I haven't polled the vast majority. But you've made a two-step paralogical leap from one thing to something else

Hmmmm, you may think it a "two-step paralogical leap", yet, pound to a pinch of pigshit, bet you'd wriggle out of providing a single-word boolean answer to the question "do you personally think the majority of the population condone the behavior of the couple of hundred rioters", as, lets face it, anyone who answers in the affermative is seriously on planet looney-tune.

hang on a sec . . . I'm on Urban's P&P boards . . .

Hmmmm, you may think it a "two-step paralogical leap", yet, pound to a pinch of pigshit, bet you'd wriggle out of providing a single-word boolean answer to the question "do you personally think the majority of the population condoned the behavior of the couple of hundred rioters".

You provide one, and then back it up with some evidence.

Louis MacNeice

Hmmmm, you may think it a "two-step paralogical leap", yet, pound to a pinch of pigshit, bet you'd wriggle out of providing a single-word boolean answer to the question "do you personally think the majority of the population condone the behavior of the couple of hundred rioters", as, lets face it, anyone who answers in the affermative is seriously on planet looney-tune.

hang on a sec . . . I'm on Urban's P&P boards . . .

I'd answer that I don't know- I'd be inclined to think not, given the sample of opinions I have. But I'm not so arrogant as to assume that that sample has any basis for making statements about 'the vast majority'. If you want binary choice answers you'll have to look elsewhere I'm afraid. Back to the pink paper with you.

A far less nutty comparison is the suffragettes smashing windows on the Strand, Oxford Street and Buck palace. Do the suffragettes scare you Andrew?

"Me Sir, me Sir, please please . . . ."
"Yes Blade . . . "
"Straw man leading to implicit ad hominem Sir"
"Well done Blade"

And yet, for all the melodrama of your post, the only black-garbed people dragging folks off the street were the police.

By the way, Kristallnacht was the destruction of Jewish property in preparation for expropriation of remaining property, and detention of the jewish population, so congratulations on a piss-poor comparison, you dick.

And your resorting to melodrama doesn't show that you have no argument?

Yep, the petrolhead with more wit than you.

A lot of knickers in twists here, I'm talking about how the actions of 'Black Bloc' must look to the outside world. I know some on the far left get touchy about nazi comparisons but if you can't see the similarity in some of the imagery from last Saturday then you must be either blind, or more likely in denial.

A lot of knickers in twists here, I'm talking about how the actions of 'Black Bloc' must look to the outside world. I know some on the far left get touchy about nazi comparisons but if you can't see the similarity in some of the imagery from last Saturday then you must be either blind, or more likely in denial.

I think you are giving the outside world far too little credit. Anyone without half a brain can see the difference between smashed up Jewish shops, sanctioned by the state, against smashed up banks and shops, not sanctioned by the state.

From wiki

Jewish homes were ransacked, as were shops, towns and villages, as SA stormtroopers and civilians destroyed buildings with sledgehammers, leaving the streets covered in pieces of smashed windows—the origin of the name "Night of Broken Glass." Ninety-one Jews were killed, and 30,000 Jewish men—a quarter of all Jewish men in Germany—were taken to concentration camps, where they were tortured for months, with over 1,000 of them dying.[2] Around 1,668 synagogues were ransacked, and 267 set on fire. In Vienna alone 95 synagogues or houses of prayer were destroyed.[3]

Are you sure you want to stick with this one?

I'm happy with nazis comparisons if they're apt and fitting. If they're hysterical and inaccurate - not so keen.

Andrew can you clearly spell out the similarities you see in the imagery?

Louis MacNeice

Or just not a smearing prick like you.

Your right masked men going around smashing stuff up looks terrible. Most of the people you are arguing against have probably masked up at some point in their lives, and can't put themselves in the mindset of what most ordinary people think of it.

More smears from you eh you little prick? Never 'masked up' in my life on any occasion such as you're referring to.

Back
Top Bottom