Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who does Urban think (not hope) will win the November US Presidential Election? (The Poll)

Who will win the popular vote and who will get a majority in the electoral college?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonkette had a good explainer on how crap and desperate the Pennsylvania appeal case is.

On Sunday night, the campaign filed its appeal to the Third Circuit in which it asked not for a re-hearing in the Supreme Court's waiting room, but to be sent back down for another shot at Judge Brann.
Appellants will request that this Court reverse denial of the Motion to Amend and direct the District Court to promptly decide it on the merits and proceed expeditiously to a hearing to enjoin certifying the results of the Presidential Election (or order decertification if already certified) if the Second Amended Complaint (ECF 172-2) is held to state valid claims.
In plain English, they didn't appeal the denial of standing or the ruling that they failed to state a legally cognizable claim. All they want is for the appellate court to tell Judge Brann to let them amend their complaint again. Which is cool and all, except that it (a) won't get them to the Supreme Court, (b) tacitly concedes that they lack standing and so will lose even if they get to amend again, (c) won't stop counties from certifying the results today, and (d) is highly unlikely to happen, since the appeals court would have to find that the trial judge had abused his discretion, and Judge Brann laid out multiple reasons for his denial in the order.

But other than that, A-PLUS LAWYERIN'!

Wow, they want to give him another chance to tell Rudy to fuck off and get out of his court with his completely baloney non-evidence.

No, but you seem to be.

We all know the GSA is withholding funds until they can ascertain who the likely winner will be. As you know - Trump is contesting the election and is pursuing various legal avenues.

So again - why can’t Biden’s camp just sit it out and wait if they are confident of being certified the winner and assume the role of President-Elect?
Excellent news Marty1, the GSA has authorised funds to be made available to Biden. Presumably they have now ascertained who the likely winner is?

The short version: the most compelling evidence of voter fraud is certain districts having 3.5x ballots cast than actual registered voters and all in Democrat controlled cities without exception.

That ‘overvoting’ thing has been debunked some time ago, the numbers quoted aren’t accurate at all, like someone just made them up. The BBC has a fact check on it from several days ago which tossed this aside. Go ’do your own research’ :)

Murphy said she did not receive “any direction to delay my determination” — but did receive threats online, by phone, and by mail directed at my safety, my family, my staff, and even my pets in an effort to coerce me into making this determination prematurely.”

"I'M ONLY DOING THIS BECAUSE DEMOCRATS SAID THEY WOULD KILL MY PUPPY"

Fair enough.

But Trump had massive voter enthusiasm - his rally in Butler had nearly 60k turnout,

That’s interesting. You’re continuing to repeat something that you know perfectly well is false. As in factually false and you know it. Why would you do such a thing Marty? Does it feel good?

I didn’t bother checking Marty1 ’s “fact” about a nearly-60k crowd at the Butler rally, so I’m grateful to bimble for pointing out tht it might not be true.

• We could find no official tally, but estimates from police, local news outlets and bus operators put the number of attendees between 10,000 and about 15,000.

Last edited:
I think a big chunk of the racist wing of the Republicans is really resentful of the fact that they win if only white people could vote. In their heads, that means that they win in a righteous world. It's pretty obvious from the places they've targetted in the last two weeks.

I think this is right. They remain very bitter that a Black man won the presidency. During Trump’s first election campaign when his base were feeling emboldened and buoyed up, I was shocked to hear several people openly say that they were going to “get that n* out of the White House... we don’t want no damn n* in the WH, we need to take back our country” etc.

I guess that concludes this season of The Trump Show, anyway - it got kind of repetitive at times but there were definitely some classic moments.

I think my favourite part was the running gag where Rudy Giuliani started out as this former New York City mayor that people still had a little bit of residual respect for but gradually declined into this insane gibbering loon holding press conferences where he quoted 'My Cousin Vinny' and hair dye started dripping down his face.

Doesn’t matter anymore what he tweets does it, and he is free to add to the list of 34 (?) losses so far in court using his supporters money if that’s what he wants to do.

correction ! It’s now 35 losses.

Last edited:
Got to admit actual lol levels of schadenfreude this morning looking at how some of the online Martys are trying to fold this too (GSA stamping the papers for transition) into the the 7D Kraken chess theory somehow.

Speaking of the Kraken - I think she’s about to be released shortly.

This may be the 2020 script writers finale - so grab your popcorn 🍿 and place your bets 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom