Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Going to have a go at oxtail soup. The builders have been eying the defrosting tail suspiciously, not convinced they're going to want to try it. :)

I've got some chicken stock in the fridge I made about 3 weeks ago. Its in a Parfait glass jar but the seal is not airtight, so I'm not sure if it'll still be any good or not. I'm not entirely sure tasting it will tell me tbh, can I have a quick 'will I die' poll from the Suburban massive?

Had tagliatelle with garlic (six cloves), olive oil and parsley last night. Garnished with onion, bacon lardons and vine tomatoes :)

Going to have a go at oxtail soup. The builders have been eying the defrosting tail suspiciously, not convinced they're going to want to try it. :)

I've got some chicken stock in the fridge I made about 3 weeks ago. Its in a Parfait glass jar but the seal is not airtight, so I'm not sure if it'll still be any good or not. I'm not entirely sure tasting it will tell me tbh, can I have a quick 'will I die' poll from the Suburban massive?

Personally, I wouldn't risk it.

Tea tonight will be curry made with Sunday's leftover lamb.

i've started getting into the habit of cooking 2 portions of dinner so portion 2 can become a packed lunch the next day. So last night i had macaroni with chopped bacon, grated cheese and a load of chopped up veg. Which i am enjoying right now for lunch again :cool:

Dinner tonight is leek and potato soup.

Due to the infinite wisdom of him indoors sorting out the freezer contents, quiche for tea, parathas now.

Mushroom & chicken risotto tonight :)

I'm also trying to clear out our freezer ready for the xmas stash/big cook ups but everytime I empty it I find another good offer at the shops :oops:

I can't decide between some kind of fritatta with 2 types of cheese, served with sweet potato wedges and salad, OR veggie spag bol with wholewheat spaghetti and broccoli on the side.

I suppose I should ask the boy his preference :D

More freezer-emptying toneet. There's 2 fishfingers, and 2 veggie hotdogs, plus a load of those breadcrumbed veggie fingers - so we're on a mixture of that lot, plus chips, plus more garden peas.

Red onion, pepper, chilli, kidney beans and cheese quesadillas :cool:

Might make a curry of some sort tomorrow as it's nearly a week since I last had one :(

I had spinach and ricotta cannelloni with chips and peas for lunch but that's not stopping me having roasted beetroot,roast potatoes,veggie pie,broccoli,carrots and runner beans for dinner.

Didn't feel like the soup so had a breakfast style one pot comfort food mess of a dish :hmm:.....involving hard boiled egg, baked beans, sweet potato, spinnach and garlic. Was quite nice.

Back
Top Bottom