Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Lasagne and chips :) (@onket) Have got a mate staying, he bought a Sainsbury Taste the difference lasagne and there was only chips in the freezer here - so lasagne and chips, it was fucking lush tbh :)

On a whim, I made some peanut soup, and was very pleased with the result.
Then afterwards I reheated some dauphinoise potatoes that were leftover from yesterday and we scoffed those too.

Got some Toulouse sausages out of the freezer. I may have mash & gravy but am secretly hoping the builders get a chippy tea so I can have sausage, egg and chips.

Our lass is gonna make a minestone soup with spinach and ricotta tortellini in it, and I got us all a nice big choccy fudge cake and a big tub of single cream :)

Back to cafe Equador :)

Cream of pumpkin soup garnished with chopped boiled egg, coriander and crushed popcorn! Very nice nutty roast flavours. Coriander come with eveything which is just fine by me.

Grilled chicken fillet with potato salad, rice and plantain, sprinkle of coriander and chili-onion salsa. Squeeze of lemon on the rice for me.

Ornage Fanta and coffee to finish.

€8!

You get a huge pile of rice at this place. More than a meal itself, but it costs fuck all and means everybody is full when they leave. Very friendly service, great prices and nice little touches like the crushed popcorn garnish make this place win on all fronts.

I shall be back tomorrow.

nothing. Breakfast was a box of cereal (and not a mini one :() and lunch was a packet of crumpets. I don't have space in my body to fit any more food.

Tonight I will be making blackened salmon, not sure whether I'm going to serve with some sort of rice dish or parmentier potatoes (I'm feeling greedy as well as undecided, so possibly a bit of both). There will also be salad.

Back
Top Bottom