Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cheese and Marmite Toastie

Toastie! Cheese! Marmite! Yes? No?

• YES !

Votes: 22 84.6%
  • NO !

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
I've never had a cheese and marmite toastie until today. It was amazing. Apparently there's even a cheese/marmite spread you can get in South Africa. Why wasn't I informed?!

Anyhow, I think this important topic should be violently argued. With a poll.
I'm genuinely shocked that anyone who likes marmite hasn't put it in a cheese toastie or on cheese on toast.

The main discussion wrt cheese and marmite on toast is whether cheese or marmite goes first, and I feel urban would get down to the nitty gritty of this important debate without hesitation, since we have form and practice in a similar field.

I'm genuinely shocked that anyone who likes marmite hasn't put it in a cheese toastie or on cheese on toast.

The main discussion wrt cheese and marmite on toast is whether cheese or marmite goes first, and I feel urban would get down to the nitty gritty of this important debate without hesitation, since we have form and practice in a similar field.
I spread the marmite on the cheese before popping it in the Breville.

I am, admittedly, a novice in this practice though so am keen to ear differing methods. :cool:

I am, admittedly, a novice in this practice though so am keen to ear differing methods. :cool:
I keep it simple. Butter the bread, spread the Marmite, add the cheese, plenty of these of course, then pop the sandwich into the sandwich toaster, or, occasionally, into a hot, dry, frying pan.

There are so many different ways to pimp cheese toasties and toasted cheese, though. Nut butters. Pickles. Chutneys. Herbs. Spices. Ham. Chorizo. Nduja. Pesto. Cemen. Worcestershire sauce. Tabasco. In fact, there’s at least a 50% chance that anything in the fridge or the store cupboard would go well with cheese in a toastie. So it’s not weird that even dedicated and enthusiastic marmite eaters haven’t got round to marmite yet.

I came here precisely to drop this knowledge - anyone trying to spread cold marmite onto untoasted bread is on a hiding to nothing; but if you slice your cheese first, smear the cheese with the marmite, and then drop the bread on top, job's a good'un :oldthumbsup:

I tend to make a cheese and marmite sandwich, zap it in the microwave for a minute and then put it in the fry pan to toasty up on each side.

I don't have a breville anymore. :(
I wish you were closer, I have a panino toaster thing I want rid of!

And there should always be a maybe option Voley cos NDs like maybe, A LOT!

PS I accidentally told iona how much you like tie dye and jugglers :D

Back
Top Bottom