Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I'm having beef strirfry now because of you mentioning this. I've got some steak but it's only cheapo stuff so not really worth serving on its own iyswim. So that in strips with everything beansprouty and peppery in the fridge. All this will be secondary to the main ingredient of Scotch Bonnets though. And loads of nam pla.

That sounds lovely! I could totally eat a stir-fry now. :oops: Good usage of the Scotch Bonnets too. :cool:

Nurnbergers and erm, something. Which I might have thought of by the time they're done.

Samphire and roast garlic risotto with goats cheese because I bagged some marked down samphire for 30p yesterday. Never eaten it before. It is lush!

recipe please
I just made it up, make a normal white risotto - you know, butter, white wine, onions, chicken stock (had no fish stock cubes), roasted a whole bulb of garlic and toasted some pine nuts at the same time. Chopped up the garlic when it was done and put it in the white risotto. Roughly chopped the samphire and added it towards the end of the cooking time along with some lemon juice, you know when the risotto has stopped tasting 'gritty' when you bite it but is still too hard to eat, say 5 mins before you serve. Serve it up, break up some soft white mild goats cheese over the top, add a bit of parmesan and you're done - I just wished I'd bagged the dill that was being marked down at the same time, but if I'd had parsley, I'd have put some in. That would've gone with it.

Didn't have much in the house to cook so had to put more effort into tea than I would have liked. We had wholemeal pastry spinach and cheese parcels, roasted veg and brown rice.

Something with mince, not sure what.
Probably cottage pie as I can't really be bothered to come up with anything more exciting.

Could pretend it's the 70s and put cornflakes on it or something.

Duck egg and kale omelette for a really late lunch. Followed by chicken and marmite on toast.
Tonight will be a lovely lentil soup, b/c it's my favourite thing to cook and I haven't had it for ages. :cool:

Did the roast peppers, courgettes, aubergine, fennel, onion, tomatos, olives, broccoli and herbs in shop-bought giant Yorkshire pudding again. It was even nicer than last time, cos the Yorkshires were crispier.

Pizza for tea tonight. Roasted veggies and maybe some tuna on it. Green salad to accompany. Hoping my dough rises as there is nowhere in the house which is warm.

Yu_Gi_Oh said:
Pizza for tea tonight. Roasted veggies and maybe some tuna on it. Green salad to accompany. Hoping my dough rises as there is nowhere in the house which is warm.

Sit on the dough.

Back
Top Bottom