Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Having my version of corned beef hash -
cook oven chips
fry onion, add 1 tin chopped corn beef and fry till 'mushy', add oven chips, beans and a splash of Louisiana hot sauce, heat till beans bubble, place under grill to provide a crunchy topping, serve with any spicy brown sauce.

Firestick peperami; roast squash; rosemary, sea salt and garlic kettle chips (quite like roast potatoes); white chocolate lion bar; merlot; and spliffs.

(Is and incorrect? I'm being experimental)

Oh I miss steak and kidney pudding from the chippy. Can't get them for love nor money down here. And they look at you funny if you ask for gravy.
same in brum :( when I was in Hull last week the first thing I did was have a pattie and chips with gravy, and the RIGHT fish :D

Went to my new favourite bar to watch a bit of football and switch off for a while. Didn't understand much of the menu. Wanted salad, but wanted a bit of meat also. Couldn't afford a whole salad and a whole meat dish, and there was no plato combinado option.

I ended up with 6 beef cutlets with roast green peppers and some poncey little chips witha sort of very mild, sweet mustard sauce. I will be digesting for at least a week. First beef my stomach has seen for almost a year.

Blind ordering in a Spanish bar. Sometimes fun, but more often than not pork, or beef with potato and not much else.

Are you not supposed to? Blimey, I do. :oops:

I did, but not until I'd cycled home or I'd have been wearing it.

My oxtail soup was incredible, never tasted anything like it. 3 hours wasn't long enough to make the meat fall from the bones but I'd drunk the rest of the wine by then and was hammered so got stuck in. Will give it another 2 hours tonight and finish it off :)

There's a university campus just down the road which does incredibly cheap (I suppose subsidised?)(Chinese) food, so Mr Yu has gone down with some Tupperware and is going to bring back Chinese takeaway. :cool: Planning on Sweet and Sour Pork and an aubergine thing.

Last night the kids had chicken fillet burgers, chips, salad and mayo and I had egg mayo on toast and a packet of BBQ Doritos....and we all had cheesecake for pudding.

Just me tonight....and I'm having a Thai style chicken noodle soup with shit loads of pak choi/broccoli etc and a load of coriander (feeling in need of some veg)....prob more cheesecake for pudding, even though I had a massive slice when I got in :D

Sausage casserole with 4 types of sausage which is in the slow cooker and making me hungry. with some kind of potato on the side.

I have found food heaven in Madrid. A small Equadorian run cafeteria/bar.

First course: Creamy cheese stew. Base of cabbage and potato with sweetcorn, some sort of giant sweetcorn (like a butter bean cross), red peppers, onion and other stuff sprinkled with coriander. Huge bowl. Had to leave a sizable amount for 2nd course...

Pork cutlets with pureed potatoes, plantano and rice topped with more coriander and spicey salsa.

Coke for a drink. Coffee to finish. Totally stuffed by very friendly people.

€8!

Delicious and quite healthy if you don't try and eat as much as I did.

Well it was going to be mushroom pasties, baked spuds, roasted brocc and peas, but now he's not going to be home till late, it might be beanz on toast. :mad:

Spag bol but with rigatoni instead of spag. Was better than the curry i made last night, which the house still smells of.

Chilli beef fajitas, it was a discovery kit with a splodge of chipotle paste chucked in.

Refried beans and rice to go with.

I've had 2 fajitas, mr s has had 6 plus the leftovers from the pan!!

Jeebus!

Back
Top Bottom