Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

had dinner at lunch time (or is dinner always at lunch time?!?....:hmm: - not getting into that massive debate now! :D). So anyway, 'dinner' was a delicious restaurant sunday roast that took over an hour to arrive, but was so worth it. Yum :cool:

Prawn dumplings with sweet chilli sauce, phase 1. Toasting them after the gym!

5DA69BF3-DC98-4CA4-B7AB-6B20CA84E7DA-4333-000001E70A77B885.jpg

http://www.waitrose.com/home/recipes/recipe_directory/p/prawn_dumplings_with_chilli_dip.html

Tea isn't til 8, so I just had a sandwich to keep me going. Cold sliced potato & mayo. :D

Potato sandwich! I can tell you're from the north.

We had roast beef, yorkshires, roast spuds, steamed carrots/broccoli/cabbage and gravy, followed by apple crumble and cream. It was fucking brilliant and I have eaten way too much :oops:

butter yes. butter in everything all the time but milk. pah. i dont see what milk could bring, especially in the case of beans. weirdos.

Really cba to cook tonight. I was planning to make pizza but it's too cold in here for the dough I think. :facepalm: Hoping we can go to the 'Russian' downstairs and have the usual mad rice burgers with rice, and the lettuce salad. :cool:

A weekend of extremes in Kent. Saturday night we went to a fantastic restaurant where loads of us shared roast pig cheeks with apple sauce, cod gougons & tartare sauce, venison steaks with quince jelly, patatas bravas, peppers stuffed with cream cheese and herbs and other stuff with too much wine. Best meal we've had out in months, every dish perfectly cooked, booze was bring your own, so only cost £25 per head :cool:

Sundays recovery session roast was dreadful - should have been wary of trendy bars doing Sunday roasts. Two measly thin slices of lamb with a drop of gravy and some anaemic vegetables coupled with the worst service imaginable. Buggers even made the kids wait half an hour for their ice cream, by which time they were creating havoc. You'd have thought the staff would have realised that the reason they were creating and annoying the other diners was because they wanted their pudding. Instead they stood about chatting and looking bored, making sure everybody there got the message that they really didn't give a monkeys about serving food.

No energy for cooking after that so had a Bombay Bad Boy Pot Noodle for tea - reassuringly minging :)

Curry tonight with the builders :cool:

A very decadent weekend for me.

Had a rich sausage and pasta type stew on Friday night, which I savaged as I was starving. Then on Saturday we got up late and went for a full English at a brunch place on Portobello Road. Was amazing. The black pudding was some of the best I've ever had and the side order of triple fried chips (last time in truffle oil) were amazing. It was so rich though that I didn't eat for the rest of the day. Well, apart from chocolate and tea during my xbox marathon :D

Then yesterday morning we had pan fried salmon and scrambled eggs with rye bread. Then up to my mums after rehearsal for Kleftiko and cake. And beer.

After a weeks holiday I'm back on the "not stuffing myself with takeaway" diet :D so tonight will be a chicken, chorizo & butterbean stew with tomato rice and some extra veggies. I've not eaten very many veggies all week and I can really tell, feel so sluggish :eek:

Still on a mission to empty the freezer, so today am gonna use up all the yorkie puds and more of the peas. We're having saussies, yorkies, peas, broccoli, and gravy :cool:

Then some home-made flapjacks with dried cranberries in - I had a massive craving for them last week and they turned out brilliantly, totally addictive, so made more yesterday :cool:

Sausages for us, too...pork and apple...with mash (done in ramekins with a pile of cheddar on top, melted till it goes all crispy under the grill :cool: ) and broccoli. I was going to do onion gravy too but I can't be arsed.
Then some of the cheesecake I made yesterday for me and the boy....and a cream doughnut for the girl.

Not sure, my tum didn't like the curry I made yesterday, even though it tasted really good... something simple and bland I guess :(

I don't know what I want, I am hungry but there is nothing I fancy.

Have a toffee apple for later though :cool:

Yesterday's slow roast lamb was absolutely gorgeous, will defo make it again some time.
Although my boulangere potatoes were very disappointing :(.
Perhaps I used the wrong sort of potatoes :confused:

Tonight I think it's chicken pie, potatoes and veg.

turns out it was a spanishy/chickeny/chorizoy/ricey thing :) very tasty though lacked enough salt - although that might be because licking pure salt might not be salty enough for me today :facepalm: :D

Back
Top Bottom