Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Was hoping to cook something last night but there was a battle raging between my kitchen fitter and electrician over the height of the worktops and the position of the electric sockets. At one point it was looking like part of the new kitchen might have to be ripped out/they might have a scrap/one of them might walk. Fortunately I managed to get them to work together to find a solution that would still look professional, put on some tunes, made them a spliff and gave them beer, and then ordered a Chinese delivery.

This should be standard practice on Grand Designs, it worked a treat. I should probably get a job with the UN in Syria or Thamesmead or something :D

I was already :D then especially at the Thamesmead at the end :D

Last nights mixed plate of stuff that Badgers did was lush! :cool:

Tonight, a simple fresh fusilli, pesto, fresh baby spinach and cheese with some garlic bread on the side. :)

Freezer-foraged mushroom stoup, which we shall have with olive bread, and maybe some couscous ont side.

And red wine first.

Then a very early night!

No clue what is for dinner. I don't feel hungry due to being sedated at the dentist earlier so skipped/slept through lunch too. I will have something though plus alcohol.

Left over spag bol. Actually will be penne bol to be more accurate as there's a 1 person portion that needs using up. Am going to put a fuckton of tobasco on it to try and clear my sinuses.

after a distressing search for an onion, i've finally got on with making a bolognese. houseguest (who is responsible for hiding the onions in the fucking fridge in the first place) won't be back til after 9 though, so i'm having wine to keep me going til then. :)

Having quorn 'chicken' chunks, peppers, onion maybe mushrooms made into a Moroccan type stew with harissa paste & tomatoes with cous cous and salad.

Last night I made a nice veg pasta sauce to have with some spaghetti and cheese but I got distracted by beer and wine and good company so had mine for breakfast instead :cool:

Tonight I wanted to get a kfc before I got on the train but the Victoria line's fucked and I got to the station too late :( :mad: ...so gonna have A Chinese when I get back.

Ottolenghi mushroom lasagna, 'coz I was in Tesco last night when they were doing the markdowns and no one wanted the mushrooms that had been marked down to 15p a punnet. I also bagged a Spiderman birthday cake for 80p, so no doubt if the wine doesn't get us we'll be off our tits on food colouring by 11pm.

I did a pot of things that had to be used up. Chicken, butternut squash and loads of ends of packets of frozen veg. I did it in a sort of dahl with red lentils and chilli, garlic and ginger.

A large pile of roasted courgettes, peppers, onions, tomatoes and aubergine, piled into a massive Yorkshire pudding with cubes of melty Port Salut and flat leaf parsley.

And a Lemon & Slime Halloween Jaffa cake.

I had a proper posh sit-down kebab with salad this afternoon, so I'm going light this evening.

Garlic and parsley wholewheat toasties with apple, mature cheese, honey and hot chili sauce.

I am hooked on this honey with chili, or mustard combo.

Back
Top Bottom