Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

My chocolate mousse went a bit tits up, it's the age old problem of massive eggs and failure to adjust for that - ended up with far more egg yolk than needed mixed in with the chocolate. I might bung them in the oven for a few minutes to see if I can get passable soufflés out of it.

If my kitchen is working I'm going to cook pork chops in mustard sauce, mash potato, steamed cabbage & cornichons.

I've got a big plastic bowl of fish marinading (1 pack Sainsburys' basic Pollock, 1 pack trout) in spices. Thai five spice, squeeze of lemon, fish sauce. I'm going to fry or grill them in an hour or so then serve with greens and courgettes. Same for tea tomorrow as I won't have time to cook then.

Yesterday I splurged on Waitrose rotisserie chicken and asparagus followed by brie on oat thins. YOLO :cool:

OMG that sounds gorgeous!!!!! :)

The missus isn't feeling very well. She's been off since Monday so I took a half day to come and cook her a prawn curry with extra veg, garlic, ginger and chilli. The only thing she's been able to taste this week she just informed me. Bless :)

Pie Minister pies tonight with peas and cavolo nero cabbage. I'm having Kate and Sidney and my old man's having Peahock pie.

BF cooked cauliflower cheese, garlic roast new potatoes,roasted red onion,mixed veg,beetroot and crusty granary bread. t'was rather nice.

Half a small portion of chips.

Am now cooking a pan with pork, beef and chorizo sausages, Red onions and potatoes all drizzled in naga chilli oil. This may be dinner or tomorrow's lunch, I am undecided ad yet.

Found a great new place to eat cheaply this lunchtime. €3.80 for a fantastic takeaway fabada, so I'm having a supermarket evening meal. Gourmet salad, cherry tomatoes, baby razor clams, cured cheese with a proper loaf of wholemeal. I've dressed the salad and the clams in lemon juice and almighty dangerous chillie sauce. All to be washed down with a bottle of Toro Crianza.

I think my stomach is fit again.

we ended up having Moroccan style mushrooms & chickpeas with giant cous cous, with broccoli on the side. we'll be having the same tonight!

The missus isn't feeling very well. She's been off since Monday so I took a half day to come and cook her a prawn curry with extra veg, garlic, ginger and chilli. The only thing she's been able to taste this week she just informed me. Bless :)

Awww you're lovely. :cool: Your lucky gf.

We just had 'Mexican' rice. It's probably about as authentic as my carbonara but it's nice, and you can grate cheese on the top. :cool:

I couldn't stand eating fish again (third meal in a row) last night, and inspired by this long thread (careful: it's another messageboard :hmm:) last night I had some truly fucking lovely scrambled eggs. Whisked over a very very long time on low heat, with a dollop of creme fraiche in near the end. Avocado on the side.

Back
Top Bottom