Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I've got a fair few sprouts growing up at my allotment and it's a test of willpower leaving them until they get a good frost on them! :)

Tonight's going to be veggie stew and dumplings I reckon

Started emptying the freezer cos it needs defrosting, so we get to pick what we want out of: quorn chicken madras, quorn mince chilli, 3 bean chilli

I think I'm going to have a big slug of damson gin too when I get home :cool: Night in on me own - planning on reading but so FUCKING tired I might just nap all night then go to bed and sleep :D

I had an unexpected lunch date today, so tonight's tea will be the soup I was going to have for lunch.
It's carrot, parsnip and 'soup mix', and is a little bland :(

Yesterday was a venison steak/mushroom/broc/green bean stir fry in blackbean/oyster/hoisin/soy sauce :D with noodles for the kids....today is a pasta bake with tomato and basil sauce from the freezer and a layer in the middle made up of a couple of rashers of bacon and the last of Saturday's pork, all chopped and fried up and some mozzarella....with more mozzarella, pecorino AND cheddar on top :oops: ...and sugarsnaps.
Kids will prob have the last two cornettos for pudding.

Cheese burgers... BUT the burgers are two home-made burgers squished together with cheese inside, then more cheese on top. Saw it on TV and though we'd try it, I'm totally ignoring the 3rd degree molten cheese burn risks.

Cheese burgers... BUT the burgers are two home-made burgers squished together with cheese inside, then more cheese on top. Saw it on TV and though we'd try it, I'm totally ignoring the 3rd degree molten cheese burn risks.

I assume that you are serving these burgers in cheese topped rolls?

8564483-cheese-bread-rolls-isolated-on-white.jpg

I had cheese burn once from a stuffed crust pizza. It was agony and I had to sit in a pub on Xmas eve with ice on my lip all night.

Careful eh. ; )

Prawns in a tomato & chilli sauce & spaghetti.
Also might make chocolate mousse if there is sufficient room in the fridge between all the home-made dips that the OH made yesterday.

Due to Yetman's influence, we are having Southern Fried Chicken burgers with salad, cheese and mayo and maybe home made spicy wedges if I can be arsed.

I've got a big plastic bowl of fish marinading (1 pack Sainsburys' basic Pollock, 1 pack trout) in spices. Thai five spice, squeeze of lemon, fish sauce. I'm going to fry or grill them in an hour or so then serve with greens and courgettes. Same for tea tomorrow as I won't have time to cook then.

Yesterday I splurged on Waitrose rotisserie chicken and asparagus followed by brie on oat thins. YOLO :cool:

Anyway, have you all heard about the impending worldwide capers / tartare sauce shortage? Panic buying and huge price rises imminent :(

Back
Top Bottom