Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I'm doing pot roast partridge with sage & apple :cool:

Q: The recipe says German mustard. Would that be the name of it? or is there a particular type of German mustard I can use?

Toasted fish finger sarnie with cheapo two min noodles made more slightly more exciting by the addition of soy and fish sauce and chilli flakes

meat & potato pie, baked beans, pickled red cabbage. :)

WP_001286.jpg

Stupid ideas for dinner no.3 in a series.

Have just put a slow cooking casserole in. With luck, it should be done by ten :D

However, it's food for 2-3 days, so can't complain!

e2a: before the stock went in:
FF53FFF7-4466-4C8B-AD04-E68EAA6951AB-1581-000001100917BF5B.jpg

Black olives, braising beef, butternut squash, carrot, rosemary, thyme and a red onion. Ooo, and a load of black pepper.

Hoping it'll turn out right!

e2a2: also. I sealed it before cutting it. D'oh!

B298BE43-EF6B-4828-B3F7-318FB2757E6D-1581-00000120A7F6B6FD.jpg

Ohhhh, now less beautiful, but chuffing gorgeous :D

This is going to do well to last 4-5 meals :D

e2a2: oh god that's good. Next bit of cooking will include both beef, and olives. And more olives. And beef. Probably the other half of the squash, too. Ohhhhh hell yeah.

Yesterday was a patented Badger Burger in the pub and it was THE best burger I think I have ever had :)

Today, I have the bacon joint a'boiling in the pot with onions, carrots, pepper corns, parsley stalks and bay.
It will be served later with mustard mash, broccoli, peas and I am attempting parsley sauce.

I am very excited about this :D

IMAG0183.jpg

Lamb Wellington again because we bought 2 boxes.

Assuming either of us have the energy to actually cook it, well have it with roast spuds and carrots, stuffing, broccoli and green beans. I've got a rank bottle of red wine open so will make a gravy and freeze the rest.

Found an a amazing, yet cheap, all day buffet place in a practically abandoned shopping mall. Had masses of roast beef, spring rolls, tempura, chips, veg, gravy, sushi, duck with plum sauce. And for pudding egg tarts, tiramisu, ice cream and little cakes. :cool::cool::cool: About a million times better than some stuck-up 5* hotel buffet.

moose said:
Out of interest, did your kettle originally have a black handle that blistered till you had to chip all the paint off? :mad:

No.
It still does have a black wooden unpainted handle :)
The lovely Zenie got it for us from a boot fair for a couple of quid :cool:

Spiced herby Irish potatoe cakes, boneless chicken thigs, macaroni with corned beef and paprika peas.

Nobbly Bobbly for desert, Space Raiders pickled onion and Carr's cheese melts for snacking.

Found an a amazing, yet cheap, all day buffet place in a practically abandoned shopping mall.<snip> About a million times better than some stuck-up 5* hotel buffet.
Even better because you had the pleasure of finding it. :cool:

Espresso said:
Cor, that looks good.
Might have a dollop of that myself, next weekend. Not had it for a while and it's the right time of year for it.

Do it! You will not regret it I garuntee :cool:

Back
Top Bottom