Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Macaroni cheese fail at the first hurdle: no macaroni! I'm gonna have a look in some other shops in a bit, but have a feeling they all only stock the ubiquitous spaghetti, spirali and penne.
Might have to go penne cheese, which is a bit disappointing on this momentous occasion. Maybe I'll just call it generic pasta bake to avoid further disappointment...

I can reveal that I was planning to make a simple version (no toms, no bacon etc in it), with bay-leaf infused milk and a leetle bit of mustard.
I'd go with spirali over penne, then at least you've got something slightly curvy :)

Despite causing outrage in *certain* quarters, a soj and Biddly vote for spirali is good enough for me if I can't turn up any macaroni. ;)
I'm off out now though to hunt for the real deal from Herne Hill to Knight's Hill

Despite causing outrage in *certain* quarters, a soj and Biddly vote for spirali is good enough for me if I can't turn up any macaroni. ;)
I'm off out now though to hunt for the real deal from Herne Hill to Knight's Hill

Any supermarket or co-op should have macaroni. You can't make macaroni cheese with another pasta, it wouldn't work :confused:

That is fusili!

This is spirali:

53_serpentini_rigate_640_x_480.jpg

Got a sausage casserole stew in the oven. Rosemary, thyme, sausages, root veg, onions.

I really need to revisit butcher at some point, because tbh his produce'd make it infinitely better. But, anyway. It's in the oven. Not sure what meal it's for (night shift last night -> shafted eating patterns), but it should feed me for a good coupla days!

You have got me on it now too :)

We were having beans on toast but I want pasta now :D
this is the type of "macaroni" cheese I was first introduced to, my nan used to make it and we'd call it macaroni (I think that was pretty much a generic term for pasta, like nescafe is for any instant coffee :facepalm:), made with a bechamel sauce and a layer of mince. Only found out today it's called pastitsio :D

pastitsio.jpg

this is the type of "macaroni" cheese I was first introduced to, my nan used to make it and we'd call it macaroni (I think that was pretty much a generic term for pasta, like nescafe is for any instant coffee :facepalm:), made with a bechamel sauce and a layer of mince. Only found out today it's called pastitsio :D

pastitsio.jpg

That is quite like the "Turkish Lasagne" that my friend made that I gave you some of isn't it?

How's the new oven ringo? :)

I was SOOOOOOOOOOO excited when I got my fancy new oven in my old place....posted about it at the time on urban, naturally :cool: :rolleyes: :D ...LOVED cooking on/in it etc....then moved in here not long after, three (?) years ago and it's been languishing downstairs, unused, since then cos there's a SHIT fitted one here, which I fucking HATE! :( :mad:
I look at it, longingly sometimes when I'm downstairs...it's gathering dust, too...bet it'll be fucked if/when I ever get to use it again..... :( *sobs*
But, so, I TOTALLY get your excitement, ringo! :cool: :D

Errrrrrr...anyway :hmm: ...just me tonight :cool: ....so BEER, then a venison steak sandwich.

Back
Top Bottom