Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

VERY fitted :(

uploadfromtaptalk1349879469053.jpg

The landlord said I could install mine...if I paid for all of that (including having the unit/top cut out/made good, obv) and then either left it when I left (fuck off, LOL!) or put a new one in etc :rolleyes: .....errrr, no, you're alright :facepalm: ....I wouldn't mind so much if this one even fucking WORKED properly (just for a start, all the numbers are rubbed of the temp dial, for eg.... :rolleyes: ).

I know just what ringo means re stuff cooking right....it's a joyous thing, tbf! A recipe calls for a temp...you stick it on that temp...and BINGO...it's cooked! :eek: :rolleyes: :D

:(

ours is a bit like that, but the oven is over the other side of the kitchen :D

Fuck sake! :D So..it could be worse, tbf! :cool: :D

Btw...that looks like the numbers are NOT rubbed off....but that's because I bought a white permanent marker when I moved in....wrote over any of the numbers I could still just about vaguely see....and I go over them from time to time....but in effect, it's anyone's guess what the actual temp is! :mad: :D

Does your red light work? :D
I dream of the day I can have a brand spanking new oven, but tbf the one I've got cooks cakes ok so could be worse :D
Slightly different subject... does anyone know what chipotle paste is?​
I know what chipotle chillies are, and chipotle tabasco, but paste I'm not to sure of :hmm:

uploadfromtaptalk1349880587646.jpg

The one on the right...which is basically the IS IT ON button...and which thing oven/grill etc....EXPLODED about six months ago...the plastic top came shooting across the room...so...well the temp one works, yeah, but not the other! :D

for me tonight is the last of (thank fuck) the too-hot veg & tofu thai green curry. Day 3 now :(

Tomorrow - a WHOLE NEW WORLD OF EXCITEMENT. hopefully something featuring roasted beetroot as I bought some the other day. no idea what right enough though :D

I was SOOOOOOOOOOO excited when I got my fancy new oven in my old place....posted about it at the time on urban, naturally :cool: :rolleyes: :D ...LOVED cooking on/in it etc....then moved in here not long after, three (?) years ago and it's been languishing downstairs, unused, since then cos there's a SHIT fitted one here, which I fucking HATE! :( :mad:
I look at it, longingly sometimes when I'm downstairs...it's gathering dust, too...bet it'll be fucked if/when I ever get to use it again..... :( *sobs*
But, so, I TOTALLY get your excitement, ringo! :cool: :D

That would drive me nuts sheo :mad:

I am thinking I may do a boiled bacon or baked gammon this weekend. :hmm:
Either will be had with mash, green veg and parsley sauce but which one to do?

:D

I have to keep turning the temp one back until it clicks :facepalm:

OMFG...I feel your pain! :D :mad:

I sometimes leave mine on...cos once it's come up to temp....and I've taken the food out...there's no light to alert me to the fact that it's still on. Most of the time I do remember....just cos it's like a a total push into going all OCD...OMG, IS IT ON? IS IT OFF? :confused: *check/check/check*

*Goes to bed* :cool:

:hmm:

*GETS OUT OF FUCKING BED.....* :mad:

That would drive me nuts sheo :mad:

:D

I have to say, the rest of the house was perfect for us...but I pretty much BEGGED him for that :( ....especially cos the oven's shit anyway....I mean I would've paid to fix the units and have mine in if he'd just agreed to shoving another cheap shit one in when I left (with all the numbers on the dials etc :rolleyes: )....told him I cook loads etc....no deal! :(

Back from the shops - you'd be amazed how difficult it is to find blimming macaroni! Fusili, Penne, Shells and Butterflies in abundance, and packet macaroni cheese sauce mix. I had almost given up hope, but then my local corner shop came through!

I kinda wish I was making the one with the mince layer, that looks delish, but too lazy/inflexible :D

@Kitty - Mmmmmm, gammon!

Ended up buying a portion of singapore chow mein. It is basically noodles with MSG and bean sprouts.

I've never had boiled bacon :hmm:

It has to be the right joint, you can't throw sliced bacon into a pan of hot water. It'll be minging.

We had spaghetti and meatballs. The mr made it and it was lush. If it had been up to me it would have been toast, I'm knackered.

I've never had boiled bacon :hmm:

It's a very lovely thing indeed. Onions and carrots and celery and a bay leaf and pepper corns in the boiling water and then the meat dished up with mash vegetables and white sauce. And butties with picallilli the next day. Excellent stuff.
A joint of it from the butcher or the supermarket, not a packet of wafery watery slices of alleged rashers from the corner shop.

Duck/pork/apple sausages (I had no idea such things existed-- my face was literally :cool::cool: when I saw them) grilled with mushrooms and peppers.

Plus I'm prepping my slow cooker to run while I'm at work tomorrow. I'll come home to a delicious stew of chicken thighs, carrots and vegetable odds and sodds.

It has to be the right joint, you can't throw sliced bacon into a pan of hot water. It'll be minging.
It's a very lovely thing indeed. Onions and carrots and celery and a bay leaf and pepper corns in the boiling water and then the meat dished up with mash vegetables and white sauce. And butties with picallilli the next day. Excellent stuff.
A joint of it from the butcher or the supermarket, not a packet of wafery watery slices of alleged rashers from the corner shop.
Cheers, I will try it one day... but first I reckon I'll do pulled pork again :)

Thinking of making a sort of Spanish omelette in the oven, plus rice and kidney beans and a salad. But need to go to supermarket anyway so may find alternative inspiration while I'm there. If I can ever get out of the bloody house. :facepalm:

Macaroni cheese was win. :) With a colourful crunchy salad on the side and a dash of brown sauce. And a chocolate aero for pudding.

applause.gif

Back
Top Bottom