Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I thought I had some, bee, I really did. I thought there was a jar of Geeta's mango chutney in the fridge but when I looked the jar was empty. The pain :(

Friday I had some sushi from Moshi Moshi to eat on the train, yesterday was a chinese....chicken and sweetcorn soup, wonton soup and salt and chilli ribs....and a spring roll that I saved and had reheated for breakfast :cool: and today I'm having venison steak with mushroom sauce, roast potatoes, cauli/broc cheese and green beans.

We have been given some more meat so I'm doing a full roast lamb dinner for the kids, including my daughter and her boyfriend. :)

We have been given some more meat so I'm doing a full roast lamb dinner for the kids, including my daughter and her boyfriend. :)

The chilli we were supposed to have yesterday. We've just made it and it's simmering for at least 3 hours. That means we can relax and watch 24 whilst continuing to ignore all the jobs that need doing.

Much ignoring of jobs here too. Got to bed about 4am and after several trips to the toilet slept around 5ish and up at 8 for Glasto tickets. This means I cannot be arsed to cook with my organic veg box..:oops: and ordering Dominoes pizza instead.

It was going to be lasagne, but I decided I cba to make it.
I've already made the ragu so we're having it with jacket spuds and salad.

I'm really dredging the bottom of the barrel but whilst walking around stresco's i had the urge for a chicken and mushroom pot noodle - so thats tea sorted.

Roast chicken, roast spuds (my best ever :D) steamed carrot batons and steamed psb with lashings of gravy.
Apple crumble and ice cream for pud. Yum!

Friday's tea was a right let down, loads of work for something not great at all.

Got the leftover chicken tonight though, probably with some spicy rice.

Takeaway pizza, red wine and chocolate ice-cream tonight.

Tomorrow I'm going to cook falafel. I'm looking forward to it immensely. :)

Ooh not tried their roasts. Expect its pretty good though, yeah? The sausage platter they do is utter win!

It was delicious but juuuust a little on the stingy side for the price.
They were mental packed though and maybe they were running out.
I did initially want lamb and that was finished.
Still, over all a lovely experience.

Had some blackberry cider for pudding :)D ). The flavour was totally amazing. You could absolutely taste just "blackberry" rather than just "berry" iyswim?

Friday's tea was a right let down, loads of work for something not great at all.

Got the leftover chicken tonight though, probably with some spicy rice.

My last night's tea was exactly the same, hours of loving preparation and it was vile. I was even feeling proper queasy washing up the pans. :D :facepalm:

Tonight's tea is a cheese-less wholemeal pizza with a few oats in the dough for good measure with ham, peppers, spinach, onion and cherry tomato toppings. With cucumber salad.

We had wild boar & herb sausages with mash and gravy + roast asparagus, enough for more of that tonight.

Kitchen becomes a building site today so will probably use up the leftovers I've been freezing all week for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom