Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

It's pretty much the leith's recipe - but I didn't have double cream, so a couple dollops of creme fraiche, and I made the roux in the proportions I normally do 50g/50g/500ml, didn't have bread/breadcrumbs so topped with grated cheeses, and I used fusili not macaroni.

Lol, I wrote a version of this out by hand, and finished it with eat then rub your belly :D

:D

Thank you x

A chuck it all in the oven tea of roast chicken, new potatoes, shallots, red and yellow pepper.
With some steamed cabbage.

It's pretty much the leith's recipe - but I didn't have double cream, so a couple dollops of creme fraiche, and I made the roux in the proportions I normally do 50g/50g/500ml, didn't have bread/breadcrumbs so topped with grated cheeses, and I used fusili not macaroni.

Lol, I wrote a version of this out by hand, and finished it with eat then rub your belly :D
I would leave out the onions and have a bottom layer of cherry tomatoes. And use different kinds of cheeses!
(which reminds me, where's darling madz?)

Bought some scones earlier. So probably a mound of scones with cream and strawberry jam.

Not feeling the desire for a proper cooked tea at all.

Just me and my son last night cos the girl was at a friend's...but I neglected to take advantage of the situation and take some saefood out of the freezer :( so he had breaded haddock, oven chips and green beans and I had a southern style chicken fillet burger in bread with mayo/lettuce....and a few bags of crisps :cool:

Just ME tonight....and I DID remember to take the seafood out :D so I'm doing a stir fry with shitloads of veg, mushrooms, scallops :cool: and blackbean sauce.

I have just been to buy a head of savoy to go with my potatoes, gravy and nut cutlets for dinner. I am drooling. Might put the kids to bed early for it... :D

I went to Asda for the first time in donkey's and, fuck knows why, bought just over half a kg of lamb neck ends.

Which're now in the oven, at 150, for about an hour and a half. With a tonne of root veg and a pint of stock.

This is food for the next coupla days, so I hope it turns out ok :D

I went to Asda for the first time in donkey's and, fuck knows why, bought just over half a kg of lamb neck ends.

Which're now in the oven, at 150, for about an hour and a half. With a tonne of root veg and a pint of stock.

This is food for the next coupla days, so I hope it turns out ok :D
My mum used to send me to the butchers for a pound of 'best neck end'. She would cook it with pearl barely and carrots and I loved it. I can taste it now :)

Whoop shopping tomorrow so today it's Thursday Veg Stew
Young Master C rebelled and had beans and sausage on toast

Bellota Negra on wheat tostadas topped with a sundried tomato.

Light snack because I ate extremely well at lunchtime.

Pate lovers listen up :D This is delicious chorizo pate made from the big black pigs they allow to fatten up foraging freerange for acorns in places like Extremadura. It is fantastic and surprisingly affordable.

Washing it down with a bottle of Ribera del Duero. Bad me.

tonight I think I'll be having spicy Mexican bean burgers in pitta breads, with green salad and sweet potato wedges. huzzah!

although am in a bit of a rut recently with my food, probs cos I'm on a diet... am going to make it a priority to try one new recipe out of my recipe books at a minimum every week.

My mum used to send me to the butchers for a pound of 'best neck end'. She would cook it with pearl barely and carrots and I loved it. I can taste it now :)
WELL. Last night, it was a bit shit, after 1.5hrs cooking.

So I cooked it for another hour this morning -> awesome breakfast.

Went to an awesome Turkish place on Ladbroke Grove last night and savaged a serving of lamb chops, mixed meze, and a mixed grill.

Went to the German en-route between train and bus and had a wiener schnitzel, which I expected to be a sausage of some kind, but was actually what I would call a Dongkass, like a big breaded porky meaty thing with sauce. It was nice, but a surprise. :cool:

had a wiener schnitzel, which I expected to be a sausage of some kind, but was actually what I would call a Dongkass, like a big breaded porky meaty thing with sauce. It was nice, but a surprise. :cool:

I feel you've missed out on the opportunity to include several double entendres in that post.

Back
Top Bottom