Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

mmMMM takeaway toneet on account of the fella getting wayyyy more than we expected on his PPI refund :cool: So curry or pizza, not fussed yet.

Tomorrow I will be making a veggie cottage pie, using quorn mince/carrots/onions/magical mushroom ketchup (I fucking LOVE this stuff - was it you Bee that recommended it? If so THANK YOU!), using nice red spuds for mash.

Sunday I shall be making the nomalicious mushroom stoup out of HFW's book - it's a favourite in our house now that.

And overall, we shall be drinking ourselves silly and we have the house to ourselves allll weekend - get IN *punches air* :D

Second day of lasagne, tonight with added chips (frozen).

We've already had it because we hadn't eaten since 9. Got a crumble for later.

So far, a rather disappointing croque monsieur - needs more flavour and texture.

Roast chicken, cauli and broccoli cheese, stuffing balls, carrots and maybe yorkshire puds... will see how I feel after doing the rest :D
That sounds lovely, Bee. I quite fancy having that now despite having just had cop, chips, mushy peas, bread and butter and a pot of masala chai.

We had takeaway from a place we hadn't tried before.
I had chicken dhansak. It wasn't bad, the flavour was good but lacked oopmh.
The chana masala was bloody lovely though.

I'm just about to put a shoulder of pork in the oven on a low heat. Pulled pork is on the menu for tonight. I'm dredging the recesses of my brain to remember how exactly I made the sauce. Molasses, tomato juice and chilli but I've gone completely blank on any other ingredients. This is the danger of not writing notes when you make it up as you go along......

Pork and chorizo sausages. Served in a toasted baguette with thinly sliced Halloumi and fried shallots. Chipotle sauce and a pint in the side.

Traditional Texas chilli from our new chilli cookbook using some sirloin I bought at the market*.
It will be served with either rice or crusty bread (or maybe a bit of both) with a big dollop of sour cream and cheese.

Key lime pie for afters if waitrose have any.

*if I EVER come on here again and say we're having steak and chips at home, send someone round to smack me in the chops.

No matter what I do, it's shit. The amount of money I waste ruining lovely steak I could afford to go out for steak every couple of months.

That's why I'm slow cooking it.

WP_001268.jpg

Traditional Texas chilli from our new chilli cookbook using some sirloin I bought at the market*.
It will be served with either rice or crusty bread (or maybe a bit of both) with a big dollop of sour cream and cheese.

Key lime pie for afters if waitrose have any.

*if I EVER come on here again and say we're having steak and chips at home, send someone round to smack me in the chops.

No matter what I do, it's shit. The amount of money I waste ruining lovely steak I could afford to go out for steak every couple of months.

That's why I'm slow cooking it.

Scrap that, the steak is still frozen and it takes 3 1/2 hours min and I don't want to eat a heavy meal that late.

So, the mr has gone out for spuds and carrots and we're having our planned Sunday dinner tonight.

Lamb Wellington, roast spuds, roast carrots, green beans, broccoli and red wine gravy.

As I'm opening a bottle I'd better finish it then. : )

M&S stuffed peppers.

Based on the excellent salads I had for lunch, I'm looking forward to them.

I may have to go back for some more of their posh food - cringe-worthy though their advertising sometimes is...

Pizza night tonight. Chicken, mushroom, peppers, chilli, red onion and whatever else seems like a reasonable topping when I look in the fridge in a minute. Got some nice home made garlic bread to have with it, too. Drop of decent red to accompany.

Back
Top Bottom