Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Awesome (well it had better be) new cooker arrives today, along with plumber to connect it :cool:
The chances of persuading Mrs R that we should forego our traditional Friday night curry delivery so that I can cook macaroni cheese in an elaborate, drunken and entirely made up ceremony of cheese themed ordination are about nil, so it will probably get its cherry popped with a bacon sandwich tomorrow morning :rolleyes:

Accidentally got completely and utterly destroyed on Friday and by Sunday morning the lovely shiny cooker was still languishing unused except for the tin of ravioli I'd warmed up for the tiddler on Saturday :oops:

Got stuck into it Sunday with a full roast chicken & trimmings for my folks. What a joy to use, love everything about it. It does everything better, quicker and makes me happy just to cook on it. I love my cooker :cool::D

The real test of course was last night's macaroni cheese. Request from the small people was a pure macaroni cheese - no extra mushrooms, spinach, bacon or other foreign bodies, just CHEESE. Another winner :)

Tonight will be (leftover) roast chicken, pancetta and mushroom orzo.

My first successful macaroni cheese.

champagne_bottle.jpg

Is that all we get?
I was really hungover :oops: it was about all I could do to post...

I had mixed vegetable pakora with spicy sauce. Followed by a Paneer Mango curry with rice and a bhatura. all awesome although I could only eat about half the curry in the end :(

the boy had samosas and a chapati - his appetite was even worse than mine!

I have some happy pig bacon chops. I liked the irony so bought them, probably have baked beans and chips with them. Make a kids meal out of it :cool:

I should make something nice for my flatmate but am out of ideas. I have pasta, cheese, milk, eggs, garlic, a few tomatoes, a can of tuna and various other bits in the cupboard (could go to shop but don't feel like it)..any ideas?

Not feeling that inspired, might order a pizza if there's enough left on my card.

I like both the ideas, will look at recipes and see which one suits my ingredients best! Obviously have no bacon and can't get any but I'm sure that I can still have a go at carbonara. I have to go out to the tailor anyway...been putting it off.

Got the dentist at half four so am going to do Cantonese corn soup when we get back with the stock and the last of the chicken from saturday's roast. Will be very quick...plus also relatively safe if I have to have any work done (and I suspect I will...bah)!

Back
Top Bottom