Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I've got leftover rotisserie chicken in the fridge. I'm gonna have it with garlicky mushrooms, sweet potatoes, spinach and green beans. Pears and greengages from my housemate for dessert. Total bliss. :)

Edit: if I had cheesy cauliflower, it would be perfect. All shops are shut though now, I bet.

I did a 'oh shit, all of these things need using sharpish' dish. A leek, chicken, bit of bacon, petits pois in white sauce thing. Served with cherry tomatoes done in the oven and cheap shit hash browns which got left out of the freezer accidentally during a rummage or they probably would have lurked in the freezer for some years. Oh, and the last bit of a savoy cabbage that was looking very tired.

Pretty good really.

Chicken jalfrezi, cauliflower in an onion-chile sauce and steamed rice. Total win and probably the best curry I've ever made. Hendo pronounced it better than Khan's!! Which it was, tbf.

Tomorrow the boys sister is using the leftover roast chicken to make chicken and leek pie, mmm. It's nice to have a 3rd person to share cooking with :)

I'm still needing salad before I move onto pies/stews so a huge salad and jacket potato. I have corn on the cob too which is tasting so good right now I'm not even putting butter on them.

Me and our lass had a cheat Sunday dinner yesterday cos both hormonal and fella doing a radio interview somewhere in friggin Shropshire :D

Sooo - roast chicken, fuckton of stuffing, yorkies, broccoli and gravy - oh my lord it was good :cool:

Tonight? No sodding idea - too excited now to think about eating!!!

Having a sort of roast tonight:

sausages, roast potatoes, peas, leeks, honey roasted carrots, mashed sweet potato and butternut squash, brussel sprouts and lashings of gravy.

This will be the first attempt at roast potatoes in the oven since we moved in. Wish me luck!

Pork and cashew stir fry. Time to use up the holy basil and chillies from the balcony before frost strikes, plus it's a good excuse to roll out a thai favourite.

Baked potato with feta and babybel,salad. Later as I'm on night shift-Pea and broccoli soup and noodles and copious amounts of coffee of course!!

I am now having a chip butty. Just for you, sheo.

WAYHEYYYYYY!!!! :cool: :thumbs: :D

I took some tomato and basil sauce out of the freezer and made a pasta bake with that, with a layer of leftover chicken and mozzarella in the middle and some more mozzarella on top.
The kids loved it....even my daughter had seconds! *falls over* :eek: :cool: :eek:

More blackberry Eton Mess for pudding.

Back
Top Bottom