Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Chorizo and borlotti bean stew with some courgette to bulk it out a bit more served with rice. will use leftovers for burrito filling tomorrow :)

Steak and Ale Pie. Something very satisfying about making pastry :) Tried putting pearl barley in it for the first time, soaked up a load of the gravy, absolutely delicious!

Got the other vension steak to eat....and it was sooooooo fucking delicious last night that I'm going to have it exactly the same way tonight :D ....griddled, with a mushroom sauce and a load of veg.

I've also ordered another four packs to come with tomorrow's delivery, while they're still on offer (which'll make a grand total of 6 packs....12 steaks...in the freezer :oops: although my mum's down next Monday and I've said I'll do them then...so that'll be four more gone :( ) :D

Just had the jerk chicken. It was immense. I went a bit overboard with the hot sauce to go with it, but I've been a bit sniffly so no bad thing.

For those of you who love jerk in Brixton, if you know the people to get hold of 'Mr Hot Stuff' jerk marinade, it comes highly recommended. You have to know the right places and people though ;):D

Well done on the job Sheo. Are you a dinner lady then? Aces!

I have fond memories of having a sneaky b&h with a couple of ours at school. : D

We had spag bol and garlic bread tonight. It was a bit meh tbh.

I fancy a Chinese or curry but my home made attempts are crap.

My son requested pasta so I did some chopped bacon, onions, tomatoes, garlic, chipotle chillies and Szechuan pepper with pasta shells. Odd combo, I know, but it was lovely.

Mrs R has demanded her cooking mojo back so last night I gave her Sojourner's recipe for macaroni cheese to follow. Lovely, haven't cooked it that way for ages and she enjoyed making it.

Curry and wine tonight.

Fajitas tonight - chicken and red pepper.
The boy has been away with the in-laws all week and we get him back today, fajitas are one of his favourites :)

we're going out cos the kitchen is such a mess :oops: and i'm lazy :D so, big fat burgers and chips! oh, and beer, and hopefully some sunshine!

Back
Top Bottom