Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I made linguine tossed in olive oil, which I had verrrry slowly heated garlic and one of my uber-hot sliced homegrown chillies in, then just tossed the pasta in it and threw some parmesan over. Fuck me it was good - doing that again for sure.

Tonight - probs scrambled eggs and beans on toast - off out to a committee meeting for the Wigan Diggers fest

ooh you just reminded me that I have ice-lollies..:cool:

We are off to Ikea soon so will eat in the restaurant not sure what I will have but I'm sure my BF will have fish of some kind.

Tomorrow I have my first guests round for dinner (starting at 5pm due to children). We will be eating bread, olives, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Then salad with spanakopita then individual cheese cakes which I have just tried and they are delicious ...:cool: Planning to eat outside.

I went down the beetroot route, with roasted beets, goats cheese, balsamic and pine nuts, new potatoes, peas and broad beans and, a first for me, sauteed beetroot greens (which I shall be having again :))

It's Bayram (Eid) here so been at the market stocking up on fruit and veg and in the kitchen most of the afternoon making things. I don't cook often but the results were good!
First, borek...it doesn't look exciting but inside it has cheese, onion, dill and parsley and it's encased in a flaky sort of pastry.
<snip>

Cor!! I love Borek. You can get it in kind of filled stick form too can't you?
Might have to make some soon.
All looks delicious :)

Fish and veg with capers and lemon. This is why so many diets suggest an evening meal of grilled fish and steamed vegetables. It's because it feels like eating tasty air. Very unsatisfying. I want fat and stodge and carbs and maybe a mars bar too :(

I made linguine tossed in olive oil, which I had verrrry slowly heated garlic and one of my uber-hot sliced homegrown chillies in, then just tossed the pasta in it and threw some parmesan over.
Gonna do this for me and the fella tonight :cool: With a babyleaf salad or sommat

I marinated some chicken in yoghurt, lemon juice, tomatoes and a random selection of spices that I had to hand, then baked it in the oven today.
Dished it up for tea with boiled rice that had flaked almonds and fresh coriander stirred through it
I will certainly be making that again. Lush.

We got a delivery from a Chinese place up the road, but as it was Tuesday our usual was shut. OK, some of it was a bit meh.

Baked spudz tonight.

We have people from Lebanon coming for tea so I'm trying to cook something a little like what they might be missing. :oops: (we're in China) So:

Bread with sumac, sesame and thyme baked into it
Spinach and yoghurt dip
Salad with olive oil and lemon dressing
Aubergine and courgette stew with appropiate spices
Rice

But my bread isn't cooking quite evenly, if I take it out of the oven and turn it around will it collapse? :oops:

Fish stew last night was amazing.

Made a roux then added half water half tomato juice. Marinaded haddock, salmon and prawns in olive oil, paprika and thyme. Poached the fish in the liquid. To go with it I roasted some carrots, parsnips and leeks and also roasted some garlic. Smushed the roasted garlic over fresh bread for dipping and it was so tasty.

I'm really enjoying my cooking at the moment. I always have but I'm starting to use ideas/techniques from my partial training in the culinary arts. Just the other day I was saying to the gf that in a few years time, after she's made her money, we should fuck off to the coast and open a pub with proper, no nonsense food. Her dad is big into sailing and the gf is too. We're going to Turkey sometime soon to do our day skipper licences. That means I could buy a little fishing boat and go out in the morning to catch the days specials.

I'd fucking love that :)

Fish stew last night was amazing.

Made a roux then added half water half tomato juice. Marinaded haddock, salmon and prawns in olive oil, paprika and thyme. Poached the fish in the liquid. To go with it I roasted some carrots, parsnips and leeks and also roasted some garlic. Smushed the roasted garlic over fresh bread for dipping and it was so tasty.

I want that now

Just the other day I was saying to the gf that in a few years time, after she's made her money, we should fuck off to the coast and open a pub with proper, no nonsense food.

I must tell my gf it's about time she made her money so we can fuck off to the coast too :D

I must tell my gf it's about time she made her money so we can fuck off to the coast too :D

Well, she's kind of under obligation. It's her dad's business which he's built up over the past 20 years. She started working for him last year when she came back from living in Istanbul. He's giving it to her when he retires and she'd be a fool not to take it on. Even if she runs it full time for a year or so then hires someone to take over.

Me on the other hand, I'm a lowly local authority techy systems admin. The only money I'll have is my "gold plated" shitty pension when I retire :D

I had friends round for dinner last night which we ate in the garden...:cool: Now I'm doing a mountain of washing up which makes me think I want a dishwasher.

Tonight for dinner is shop bought low fat quiche, salad & chips.

I do not have a gf to make me money but I've fucked off to the coast already. I can heartily recommend it.

I'm having chicken with garlic and herbs wrapped in bacon again tonight - bloody lovely it was. Wedges not new spuds this time.

Back
Top Bottom