Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

10 minute meal. Smoked mackerel (straight out the packet), half tin of chickpeas, broccoli, some asparagus tips, beetroot.

I swear I've never met as many beetroot fans in my life as there are on here.
I love it, but all my friends think I'm a complete weirdo. :D

tonight we're seeing if a tagine can stand in for a casserole dish and to what effect. If all goes well, pot-roasted beef in red wine for tea...

Oh yay!
And I was in turn inspired by Biddlybee :)

I was gonna do that curry tonight but didn't have half the spices I thought I had, could have sworn when I finished with the ex I made sure I kept the good spices >_<

Salad and prawns so that I could justify having scones, clotted cream and jam for pudding.

I'm painfully full.

I regret nothing.

Except perhaps the second scone.

I had meat pie, chips, mushy peas and gravy from the chippy. AND a barmcake.

Work was rubbish today and I was in a really bad mood as I stomped home. In the rain.
When I got home, I saw no defrosted fish on the counter. Meaning I had forgotten to take the fish out of the freezer this morning for tonight's tea. After quite a bit of jumping up and down and swearing, I stormed off to the chippy.

It was a very lovely tea indeed and my equanimity has been restored; God is in his heaven and all is right with the world. :D

We were meant to have chicken legs last night but they didn't defrost in time so we decided on nachos.

I then fell asleep and woke up at 9 so just had a chip butty.

So tonight we had the chicken with reggae reggae sauce as it's a quid in tesco, with spicy rice with peppers and onions and corn on the cob.

It was yum and there's loads of rice and a bit of sauce to take to work tomorrow.

My daughter's away with her friend for the weekend, so naturally me and my boy plumped for some fish :D :cool:

Baked tandoori sea bream...but it was fairly small and I also had some pitta bread that needed using so we've just had the fish for a starter and in a bit we're having pitta pizzas with a tomato puree base and topped with red onion, mushrooms, fresh tomatoes, olives, fresh basil, cheddar and anchovies (for me). Slightly weird meal :hmm: :D

There's some chocolate brownie bites left over from yesterdays picnic...so those for pudding.

Liver and onions and tomatoes. Then some melon.
I'm full of healthy things, so I'll shortly be having some gin to counterbalance this odd state of affairs.

Half a bag of salad with French dressing.
Yesterday's left over egg noodles, stirfry and plum sauce.
Le Rustique Camembert / Port Salut / water biscuits
Washed down with Fleurie.
In a bit I will spoil all that by eating soya custard, custard tarts, 9 bars / Garibaldi biscuits ... :oops:

We had cheesy nachos with sour cream, salsa, refried beans and a last minute dirty addition of a tin of stagg chilli. : D
That should have been for camping really...

Bloody lovely and I'm stuffed. : )

Gnocchi with a light tomato and black olive sauce, a large quantity of rocket with a lemony, mustardy dressing, and some garlic bread.

Back
Top Bottom