Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

A kind of mixed grill - rolled pork slices with apricot stuffing (one and a half each, meant to be one each but the three were too frozen together :facepalm:), 2 sausages each, 3 small slices of black pudding each - we are trying to make some space in the feezer :D - an egg each and some triple cooked chips

Well did you?
Was too pissed by then. :D Just reheated what was left and had that. It is something I'll have a crack at another time, though. I've just rung out for a Chinese to be delivered. Special hot garlic chilli chow mein, rice, spring roll and their worldbeating chilli salt chips. :cool:

I going to nip to the Shalimar for a takeaway, probably involving okra, aubergines and lentils, and their painfully spicy missi roti.

I made tomato sauce today from some of our pathetic tomato harvest, and I was going to do pasta, prawns and tommy sauce.
But I've just got the prawns out the fridge and the package was opened. I bought them last Thursday so I assume that they've been opened since then.
They smell OK, but do I really want to risk it?

I've decided I don't want to risk it so it'll be lamb steaks and tom sauce with rice.

Toasted sandwich for the boy because we bought a sandwich toaster today and he has to try it out.

Pizza: Rostello ham, garlic sauteed mushrooms and mascarpone. Sounds awfully fancy. Two for seven quid at Tescos just now. I've added a few dried chilli flakes for a bit of zing.

Just put a half-arsed casserole together. Butternut squash, quorn, lentils, chickpeas, frozen spinach, tomato puree, garlic puree, paprika. All I can be bothered to do.

Gammon, egg, chips and peas.

I think it's the first time I've ever eaten gammon. It's strange, like a very salty and thick elastic band. I'm not sure I'll have it again in a hurry.

I ate out. Gnocchi with wild mushrooms, broad beans, peas and asparagus finished with black truffle butter. I think I'm in love.

We had lunch out, first time out this weekend! So we wanted something light for tea.

Fish finger fahitas :cool:

It works, mmmm

My mum's down for the day and I also have my daughter's friend here....so it's venison steaks with mushrooms sauce, rice (cos I have no potatoes) and runner beans from my mum's balcony.

The girls are having beans on toast :facepalm: :rolleyes: :D

Took some cake out of the freezer for pudding...raspberry and apple crumble cake...with either ice cream or custard.

i nipped home at lunch to marinade some chicken for tonight. so jerk chicken, probably with rice & peas.

chopping bell peppers with my hands bare has had a predictable result though. :(

Back
Top Bottom