Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Hahaha...nope, I'm normally pretty good at keeping the kitchen tidy even when cooking something complex. Had a roasting tin for the chicken, which I used to make some pan gravy afterwards, pot and steaming cradle, then a pan to make some garlic spinach. Her kitchen is tiny though, so it looks a lot worse than it is. Plus her immersion heater is up the spout. I have to replace the timer and until I do there is no hot water. We're boiling the kettle to wash up at the moment :D

Smoked mackerel, couscous, wee tomatoes. I hate the texture of uncooked tomatoes normally so this is a step forwards.

Not sure. mr s is going for a Toby with his mum. : D

I might treat myself to a sneaky chinese takeaway before I go round my mates.

If so I'll probably have crispy chilli beef or chicken satay with rice and spring rolls.

Dunno if to have a proper kebab, an indian, thai or chinese take-away. Or settle for fish and chips.

I had sausage, mash and sauerkraut, but I had to give Mr Yu half my sausages because he didn't like his steak. Was proper good mash though. :cool:

Going to have Sirloin steaks, rocket - balsamico - parmesan salad and make up a red wine sauce with garlic, shallots and rosemary :)

Slow roast beef brisket (done in some stock with carrots, onions, celery, leeks, a bay leaf and fresh rosemary and thyme....which'll go to make a gravy/sauce), boiled new potatoes, mashed swede, yorkshire puddings and green beans.

More of last night's veg chilli, which will undoubtedly be nicer after a night in the fridge. I'm also roasting a pork loin joint with loads of mustard etc rubbed in to keep me going through the week.

Roast chicken pieces, pepper, grated carrot and avacado salad, macaroni cheese and roast potatoes, gonna make some brown soda bread too.

Back
Top Bottom