Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Pulled pork rolls. We've had a piece of pork belly on the go for the last couple of hours, should be ready soon.

I thought it might be that, it's the way I thought some cuts of pork was supposed to be cooked and served :)

I had piglet last night and went at it with nothing but bare hands, sea salt, apple sauce and home made stuffing.

When I say piglet I don't mean a cute little thing the size of a small puppy. This was more of a hog, spit roasted over a fire pit.

A huge vat of chicken & mushroom chinese curry & boiled rice

DSCF2263.jpg

Huh. What goes in it apart from risotto rice and aubergines?
Ok I fried 1 finely chopped onion, added 1/2 a diced aubergine and fried that. When they were soft I added 2 chopped garlic cloves and fried for about a minute. Then I added 200g risotto rice, stirred it until the rice was coated in oil and then started to add 1 pint of vegetable stock a bit at a time. Stirring frequently for about 20 mins until the rice is cooked. Gonna add some Boursin at then end for a bit of flavour.

<gets back to stirring>

Keeping it simple eh? Sounds good, must try that one day. Not had risotto for ages either. Fucking cross-posting badger...

I had a pork chop with spuds, carrot and turnip, celery and packet gravy.
Got to say, packet gravy is muck. But delicious muck.

Back
Top Bottom