Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

House to myself for a few days, lunch was roast tomatoes with mackerel & thyme sauce, followed by strawberries. Tonight is chicken stew and mash.

Tried to make spaghetti carbonara for the first time ever. Can't say I was all that impressed with my efforts.
It seemed that the spaghetti cooked the eggy portion a bit too much. It was a bit globby and quite reminiscent of scrambled egg.
Further practise is no doubt required.

Horrid spinach and ricotta tortellini with really dull, watery Grossman sauce, wilted salad. *cries*
Redeemed slightly by a Wispa choc ice.

Last night was a frittata with bacon, potatoes, and french beans. Stir fried runner beans with garlic and chilli on the side.
Still deciding what to have tonight - but I'm hoping that if I don't plan anything then we can eat out :hmm:

Ended up having smoked haddock, potatoes, poached egg and peas last night 'cos the smoked haddock needed eating. Tonight will be the pork chops.

Left yesterday's chili pork sausages in the work fridge :mad::mad: so I have them to cook tonight. Does anyone know if I can bake spicy sausages in greek yogurt? Will that taste vile?

why would you want to? :hmm:

edit: chicken and lamb tastes quite nice cooked in yogurt, but really not sure about sausages tbh.

not sure, you could make sausage meat balls by squeezing the meat out of the sausages, but still not sure about the yogurt.

Get some cucumber and make tzatziki :)

Just me tonight and I've got some leftover rice and some red and yellow pepper to use up so I've taken some mussels out of the freezer and I'm going to do a fried rice thing with some peas in too.

Back
Top Bottom