Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Almost a whole iceberg lettuce ripped up in a bowl with a little bit of rocket, 3 small grated carrots, half a tomato, about 100g of pâté. Garnished with olive oil and Balsamic vinaigrette, black pepper and Tabasco sauce. It was delicious and nutritious.

Toasted pitta with roasted red pepper hummus, olives, lettuce, tomato and a bit of balsamic whatnot. Nice. Might have to have another.

I've just remembered that I DREAMT about halloumi last night....someone had cooked some and I REALLY wanted some, but didn't like to ask if I could have some :oops: so I sat and watched them eat it all :( :mad: ....defo down to reading Biddly mentioning it :D

I was expecting to hear back about a job today....and I'd managed to convince myself that whether I was celebrating or trying to cheer myself up, I should get a chinese :cool: but I haven't heard anything.... :D

I think I'll get one anyway! :p :hmm:

I usually have fish & chips on Monday, but I had a yellow pepper to use up so I have made a pasta bake with yellow pepper, chorizo and black & green olives.

I've just remembered that I DREAMT about halloumi last night....someone had cooked some and I REALLY wanted some, but didn't like to ask if I could have some :oops: so I sat and watched them eat it all :( :mad: ....defo down to reading Biddly mentioning it :D
I didn't make it... might save it for my lunch on saturday (when Cptn is out :D).

Give them a bell tomorrow sheo... how did the interview go? i completely forgot to ask :facepalm:

I couldn't really be arsed tonight so I just bunged some chicken drumsticks in the oven after slathering them in wholegrain mustard and honey. Then I microwaved some frozen veg.

I do a bastardised version of delia's recipe (for some reason I'm not keen on cooked pepper unless it's in a chilli - prefer them raw :hmm:). Anyway...

Chorizo hash
waxy potatoes cubed - new pots work well
1 onion - finely diced
chorizo sliced
garlic crushed
salt, pepper, hot paprika
fresh parsley

• simmer the potatoes for 5 mins then drain and cover with a tea towel
• sauté the onion chorizo and garlic in a little olive oil - add salt, pepper and paprika
• once onions are translucent put aside
• add a little more olive oil + sauté pots until starting to brown
• add the chorizo and onions back into the pan
• bit more paprika, few splashes of chipotle tabasco and cook until brown and crispy
• stir in parsley
• serve with a fried/poached egg on top, or on its own

View attachment 20832

I have emailed this post to myself and will be doing very soon :D *dribble*

homemade lentil soup, with just-out-the-oven bread rolls, with a side of flicking through a recipe book and deciding i really need to get my cooking mojo working again :oops:

Back
Top Bottom