Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Doing a selection of jacket potatoes tonight. Have 3 huge spuds about to go in the oven and the plan is to hollow them out then return the skins to the oven for crisping up. Mix the flesh of the potatoes with butter, cheddar and black pepper. Then serve the halves with the following:

Tuna steak
Garlic butter mushrooms
Smoked ham

Hmmm...fella's out doing radio session tonight, so might make something meat-based to keep our lass happy. Can't decide though...chicken/chorizo/bean stew, chicken noodle soup, chips/meat pie/veg/peas/gravy, cullen skink...

You can get Atora vegetarian suet now! I always used to make dumplings with Atora suet anyway but didn't even know about this stuff til I read about it in HFWs book. Turns out it's been going for years! :D

I did do dumplings in my stew, but from a pack of dumpling mix (because I'm lazy, and not actually a real vegetarian...) Total comfort food, my mum used to feed me these in casserole, probably from the very same type of packet.

Hmmm...fella's out doing radio session tonight, so might make something meat-based to keep our lass happy. Can't decide though...chicken/chorizo/bean stew, chicken noodle soup, chips/meat pie/veg/peas/gravy, cullen skink...

Surely this weather calls for sausage and mash with onion gravy?

Have a friend coming over for dinner so roasting my first ever chicken tonight. I have steeled myself to a state of perfect readiness. :cool:

I did do dumplings in my stew, but from a pack of dumpling mix (because I'm lazy, and not actually a real vegetarian...) Total comfort food, my mum used to feed me these in casserole, probably from the very same type of packet.
You know, doing them from the suet would take the same amount of time, honestly. Oh right thought you were a veggie! :D Absofuckinlutely - they really are total comfort food.

You ever make gnocchi? That recipe in HFWs book using the soft goats cheese makes the most soothing food - you actually feel calmed after eating it, you know?

Have a friend coming over for dinner so roasting my first ever chicken tonight. I have steeled myself to a state of perfect readiness. :cool:

My top roast chicken tip - when you rest it after roasting turn it upside down so the juices run back into the breast and make it lovely and moist. It really makes a difference. Good luck.

Tonight I've got the leftover rice from last night's coriander cod and carrot pilaf (which was lush btw)

Still ill :mad: feel rough as :(
Dunno what to cook but it'll defo be something from the freezer...I reckon either pizza, veg burgers or breaded plaice...got a veg shortage on too cos I need to save most of what we've got for the guinea pigs now incase I still can't get out tomorrow :rolleyes: ....but I have some peas in the freezer too :hmm: ....or perhaps we'll have beans or eggs on toast...fuck knows :-|

Maybe we'll fuck dinner right off and just have ice cream instead (to soothe the sore throats!) :cool:

Well yes, you said you were waiting for your mojo to come along. Therefore I made a witty post about how she should ask for something simple.

*whoosh*

:D
It's a fucking crap point tbf mate - waiting for me mojo dunt mean I don't want to cook, it just means that I cannae decide WHAT to cook.

knobber :p

cryPost-258x300.jpg

:D

Reet - our lass has come back to me with her choice, so it's a stonking big cullen skink AND chips toneet :cool: Gawd, s'been aaaages since we had this - mmmm - proper looking forward to it :cool:

my s-i-l is bringing a lasagne round mine tonight :cool: lasagne is my all time favourite so much so that im passing up the opportunity to have a sordid affair with some lentils whilst im boy free.

sheo: get well soon and have some ice cream (and broccoli!) for yer tea!

Back
Top Bottom