Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Last night was the laziest salad of all time-- one tin of mackerel, one tin of sweetcorn, broccoli I'd cooked in the microwave, with some toast. Rubbish. Will make a better effort with tonight's dinner.

Planning a fuck off big quorn chicken stew with dumplings. It will have spuds, carrots, swede, onions, celery, courgette, black eyed beans, farfalline, thyme, bay leaf,parsley, red lentils, veg stock, and mushroom ketchup in it (hoping the mushroom ketchup works in this - usually make a minestrone with tomatoes in it and a parmesan rind, but wanna experiment a bit more with this stuff) annnnnnd DUMPLINGS :cool: Kinell am marvin just typing that

My girl's ill again....temperature/headache/sore throat/achey....and I'm coming down with it myself and am not altogether sure my son'll escape it either (he had the beginnings of a sore throat himself this morning....but I told him to go to school anyway :oops: :p ).

I've got a Tesco delivery coming so stuck a load of extra fruit on it in case my daughter is struggling to find anything else she feels like but she did just say she might like an egg and toast and some tomatoes with s&p :cool: ....I've got a nice roll, some cheese, tinned crab and beetroot :confused: :D and will do my son some breaded fish and chips and broccoli or something.

And we have very posh CHOCOLATE for pudding, courtesy of the exceptionally kind Biddly :cool: (penguins, reindeer and chocolate CHRISTMAS DINNERS :D :cool: )!

just ate a mass of chocolate biscuits in stress attack so hopefully something incredibely healthy and nutritious for tea. Like a plate of vegetables.

Fuck it - feel rough and pissed off and can't be arsed to cook or prepare ANYTHING AT ALL, let alone three separate dinners :rolleyes: - ordered a chinese - a soup and a spring roll each and a portion of sweet and sour chicken balls :-/

tuna and stir fried veg. Left over soya yoghurt from weekend (suprisingly nice) with chopped hazzlenuts. Wow - healthy me :cool: Should cancel out the earlier gorging of chocolate biscuits!

Something with some pork loin steaks - probably just griddled - with oven chips and broccoli.
I've also got a massive pile of spinach I need to do something with though....either a gratin or a lasagne, I reckon.... :hmm:

Something with some pork loin steaks - probably just griddled - with oven chips and broccoli.
I've also got a massive pile of spinach I need to do something with though....either a gratin or a lasagne, I reckon.... :hmm:
i have a big bag of spinach too.... off to look up some recipes!

i have a big bag of spinach too.... off to look up some recipes!

Spanakopita if you've got loads :)

Tonight's going to be roasted vegetable soup and home made bread unless I can think of anything else to do with a load of roasted root veg and squash

Nom - the quorn chicken stew was fucking immense - and my GOD I love dumplings :cool: Got some left over for lunch too - yes!

Well I was thinking of chips n egg for tea tonight, but as it is still fucking freezing, I'm a-gonna do a stonkingly hot pasta arrabiata instead, and smother it in cheese, and maybe get one of those stonebaked garlic breads too - extra carbs to keep us warm!

Back
Top Bottom