Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Dunno tbh :confused: Was going to make a lasagne out of some leftover bolognaise but we had that last night. Will prob wander to the farmers market in a while and see what's on offer.

nipsla said:
Dunno tbh :confused: Was going to make a lasagne out of some leftover bolognaise but we had that last night. Will prob wander to the farmers market in a while and see what's on offer.

Watch out for the killer bikes

Isn't it the tiny bows- soup pasta?
Do you mean farfalle? the bows?
Yep the tiny bows - a handful goes a long way, especially in a beany type thing.

Well I used the mushroom ketchup for the first time last night and made a stonking veggie cottage pie. Finely chopped carrots and onions, about 3 quarters of quorn mince to a quarter of green lentils, tbsp of tomato puree, plenty of black pepper, and in the end I think I used about 3 tbsp of the mushroom ketchup, if not a smidge more. Once the green lentils went in the mix they sucked up a load of flavour so had to put a bit more in.

Just did a buttery mashed spuds topping and dotted it with butter too, and had it with steamed broccoli, mushy peas and roast veg gravy.

Absolute fucking triumph - we scoffed the bloody lot between 3 of us :D:cool: When I tasted the ketchup out of the bottle tother day, the nutmeggy smell was really high, but it settled right down in the mix, which I thought it might.

On me own today, so am thinking dirty thoughts...hotdogs, boiled onions, jalapeno relish...

Roast pork, roast potatoes and parsnips, broccoli and Yorkshire puds. Just been to the caff and had Spanish omelette and chips so not going to be hungry.

Roast beef, roast spuds, macaroni cheese, yorkshire puds + avacado, apple and spinach salad. Ice cream and apple pie for desert.

M&S Dine in for £10 thingymibob

Beef Lasagne, roasted veg and some chocolate pot things for pud. The wine will have to wait till next weekend though.

Last night I made a really nice crispy salt and pepper chicken stir fry.
Tonight the boy cooked (his annual trip into the kitchen) and made Jamie's olivers 30 minute meals sardines. There were too many bones for my liking and half of them must be lodged in my throat now :( disappointing dinners are the worst.

The thai cucumber salad was lush. All down to finding the right brand fish sauce methinks. Thank fuck for the Chinese supermarket on Electric Ave.

Back
Top Bottom