Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Orang - We make this well nice veggy thing made out of fried up potatoes, peppers, chorizo, onions chillis, paprika and cumins plus whatever else is about whack a fried egg top = ultimate fitness on a plate x

I'm cooking a jollof rice type thing tonight - nom nom nom, I'm really looking forward to it! :D And beer as it's Friday and we now have some money (although not much - we'll worry about that after the weekend :hmm: )

i have chick peas - made chorizon and chickpea stew earlier this week.
a soup might be a bit too insubstantial for a main meal though. suppose i could pretend it was a stew and bulk it up with rice
You know what's really good for bulking up? Farfalline pasta. You only need a handful of it. Or orzo.

A variety of flavoured kebab skewers & wraps
Chicken Tika
Cajun chicken
Chinese Bbq chicken
Chili, garlic & mint lamb shish kebabs

Isn't it the tiny bows- soup pasta?

We had salmon, lemon and spinach fish cakes with wedges sprinkled in smoked salt and link pepper corns with petit pois and green beans.

Doing a roast today when we're back from swimming....chicken, roast potatoes, yorkshires, broccoli, gravy, bread sauce.

For pudding we've got left over trifle and/or pineapple upside down cake which my son made at school....*bloater*

Chicken pakora, chili n mint kofta, onion bhaji, popadoms & ratia, chicken tika masala & garlic nan breads.

SAM_1174.jpg

SAM_1176.jpg

SAM_1175.jpg

SAM_1177.jpg

SAM_1178.jpg

all home made except for the popadoms.

(this is a take away version for my sister)

Roast garlic & lemon chicken and erm I'll think of something, I hope, in the next 20 minutes. :oops:

Got it! stirfried cabbage and pepper, possibly mopped up with bread. Unless the small spuds are still okay to use, in which case they can be baked. I hope.

ETA: No small spuds left, chicken still barely done in spite of it having more time than the label said. Rice noodles of fail. Not my evening. :facepalm:

A baguette from the Japanese bakery up the road, with roast beef and horseradish. Dark chocolate orange for pudding.

I made pizza from scratch, it was alright but I forgot to take into account how fierce my oven is and it was a bit overcooked, it would have been nicer if I'd taken it out 5 minutes sooner :oops: Tasted alright in the middle but the edges were a bit inedible. :oops:

Roast pork with lots of crackling. Roast spuds of course and a medley of seasonal vegetables. Have apple sauce in the fridge ready.

Should be eaten as a lunch really but it usually takes us 6-8 hours to get motivated on a Sunday.

Roast chicken, roast potatoes, gravy n veg.
More of the rhubarb and custard ice cream for pud. It isn't that nice :( Doesn't really taste of rhubarb or custard, which is quite an achievement as that's all it contains.

and the cheese :(

:(

It doesn't need as much cheese as the recipe says, tbf - but yeah, no cheese at all would be a bit rubbish :(

I'm probably going to make enhiladas but I might pick up an M&S £10 deal in town instead :hmm:

Also making an almond and raspberry cake to use up the last punnet of raspberries....although we still have one more portion of trifle to get through so most of the cake'll probably go into the freezer.

Back
Top Bottom