Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Nothing wrong with a sandwich. I made 2 awesome sandwiches the other night. Chicken, stuffing, Parma ham, cheese and rocket. LOVELY!

Last night we had chickpea, courgette and peppers with couscous and hummous. It was well lush. Tonight is clothes swap so most likely cake, crisps and wine :cool:

I've no idea what to have tonight. Staying in and xbox'ing up to save myself for a mental birthday party tomorrow.

It could be pizza :cool:

other beans! what kind of chili has baked beans in? :D
i use black beans, kidney beans and sometimes blackeyed beans
I think my mum used to :D

anyway... bean burgers, spicy spanish bean stew (with chicken thighs or sausage if you can get them), cassoulet, bean goulash, bean soup, bean gratin (doesn't have to be butter beans ;)), refritos with eggs, erm running out of ideas now... google! :D

edit: you need to keep an eye on the tramps buffet mate ;)

motherfucking chili yet again.
i'm bored. i need to find something else to do with beans, onions and tomatoes.

Ful Gnaoua

* 1 tin black eyed peas (cowpeas), or similar
* 2 tomatoes, grated
* 1 large onion, sliced
* 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or crushed
* 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or coriander
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
* 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet paprika
* 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1/3 cup olive oil

Put all of the ingredients in a saucepan with one or two cups of water, bring to the boil and simmer until it reaches a nice thick sauce.

Ful Gnaoua

* 1 tin black eyed peas (cowpeas), or similar
* 2 tomatoes, grated
* 1 large onion, sliced
* 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or crushed
* 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or coriander
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
* 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet paprika
* 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1/3 cup olive oil

Put all of the ingredients in a saucepan with one or two cups of water, bring to the boil and simmer until it reaches a nice thick sauce.
cheers, looks nice, though it's almost exactly my chili. the only thing missing is the chili peppers :D

cheers, looks nice, though it's almost exactly my chili. the only thing missing is the chili peppers :D

It tastes pretty different though, have it with couscous and/or any other middle eastern dish and you'll be wearing a fez and smoking a hookah before you can say magic carpet.

Tonight it's pasta, tomato & red pepper sauce (from a jar), salad, roasted veggies & garlic bread.

Saturday: Pizza Slut as they are doing a pizza & salad for £5 and will be good for after the flicks. Plus we have BFs 10yr old who loves the ice-cream factory there.

Back
Top Bottom