Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

That sounds lush quoggy!

We've got sausages, mashed celeriac, carrots, new pots (might roast those two) and broccoli :)

Going out for a pub lunch so probably cheese and biscuits. Not sure the last morsels of Xmas cheese are any good, but the end of the Blue Vinney should be OK, alright mouldy anyway innit.

Never had this before. Seems like an easy quick pizza solution?

Pitta pizza is good. Purée or salsa on the slightly toasted pitta, then cheese and whatever toppings you want then chuck it under the grill.

I'd just top with some sliced mushrooms and season but each to their own.

sparklefish said:
Pitta pizza is good. Purée or salsa on the slightly toasted pitta, then cheese and whatever toppings you want then chuck it under the grill.

I'd just top with some sliced mushrooms and season but each to their own.

May have to give these a go one lazy evening. I imagine a good brush of olive oil on the breads helps.

that's kind of what i do. i got my dole on friday and have less than two quid left, but i stocked up on dried pulses, tinned tomatoes, spuds, onions and eggs, so i can eat well for a fortnight all the same.

Roast Lamb, King Kong :cool: burgers, roast veg & spuds, apple crumble and ice cream for afters, beers in the meantime.

You can't just leave it like that Numbers.
I have to know what a King Kong burger is.

We've had lunch at the inlaws (full on roast with beef and gammon), followed by 2 helpings of ma in laws triffle.
She makes the best triffle ever :cool:

Tea tonight will be cheese on toast and perhaps a lemon muffin with some raspberry ice cream (if I can be bothered to make it which is looking less and less likely)

that's kind of what i do. i got my dole on friday and have less than two quid left, but i stocked up on dried pulses, tinned tomatoes, spuds, onions and eggs, so i can eat well for a fortnight all the same.
It was being on the dole that got me into the habit. I've always got the makings of a veg chilli/curry/casserole of sorts to fall back on.

tonight was going to be a beef stew, but as I'm on my own for tea tonight I can't be arsed. I suspect it'll be something sandwich based, eaten in bed, whilst watching something on tele :)

I'm so tired I could puke so a lazy night is definitely called for tonight :)

Nice :) let us know which pub and what it was like... always good to know the options close by :)

Went to Queen's Head. Good roast 8/10 for the pork and 7/10 for the beef. Crackling was ace but the Yorkshire with the beef was a bit burnt and the gravy on both was a bit thin. Good meat to tattie/veg ratio and cheese sauce on veggies was a bonus.

nipsla said:
Went to Queen's Head. Good roast 8/10 for the pork and 7/10 for the beef. Crackling was ace but the Yorkshire with the beef was a bit burnt and the gravy on both was a bit thin. Good meat to tattie/veg ratio and cheese sauce on veggies was a bonus.

Cost?

Sounds like a winner, thank you for the thorough report :)

I have roasted two chickens and have put some jacket spuds alongside them in the oven. There will be accompanying vegetables.

after copius amounts of cooking on friday and saturday, tonight its a pre cooked chicken from morisons and chips n curry sauce from the chippy :)

I made another batch of nan breads today to see how well the work when frozen.

Veggie shepherd's pie topped with cheesy mashed parsnips, getting crispy and golden in the oven right now. Cannot wait :).

Back
Top Bottom