Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Meanwhile, I have a bag of orzo pasta that I bought to beef up the mushroom stoup, and didn't need. Will have to find interesting ways of using it

We're having the pork/noodle/veg soup we were supposed to have yesterday. Gonna do it SOON! :cool:

Belgian waffles, maple syrup and 'light' vanilla ice cream :hmm: for pudding.

Chips. Chips go with chilli. Chips go with everything. Or a bake potato.....but chips are better :D

Sausage, mash, peas, yorkshire puds and gravy here :cool:
:D I'm saving myself for a bit of mash tomorrow with sausages and celeriac.

I've done a complete round about and reckon i'll do some brown rice :)

We're grazing and using up fridge leftovers so I can do a Big Shop early in the week. We had chayote recently and I want to get more soon. I thawed out a lasagna for a family potluck tomorrow. We're going into town for gyoza when the first period of the hockey game ends because I'm feeling too euphorically lazy even to make that.

I've made my own dipping sauces though, because a fellow's gotta have some standards.

Pasties, mash, veg, gravy. However I've now reached that stage where you've spent so long cooking it that you never want to see it again.

^ :D - oh I know that one! :(

We're going to Cafe Rouge for a late lunch/early dinner (cashed in some clubcard vouchers).
I will have the boillabaise, my son will have steak with garlic butter and chips and my daughter will have sausages and chips.
Puddings too - as yet undecided..... :hmm:

Really fancy a spag bol, not had one for ages. Will make with quorn mince, onions, LG tom + basil sauce, toms and a red or green pepper. Plus the cake I didn't eat last night cos I got wrecked (and I'm blaming my daughter for that cos I was about to get the tea finished when she came downstairs wanting us to hear her sing a song on the guitar, which then led to another hour and a half's drinking/jamming session :facepalm:

My curry last night was rubbish and the bill was split equally meaning I paid more for a meal I didn't finish. I shared a paneer masala with my BF which was like Campbell's tomato soup with chunks of paneer. Plus a veg balti madras hot which was all heat and no flavour with the veggies being all mushy. We were sat in the veggie corner (4 of us) and we only ate a 1/4 of the food. The other 8 folk had meat and cleared their plates.

Tonight I'm at work and on a quorn sauasge & mash ready meal and microwave veggies which will taste better than last nights rubbish.

Lasagne, salad and garlic bread for us with chocolate roulade for pudding if we have room.

Very hungover so I'm hoping this will be the magic cure.

Back
Top Bottom