Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

:cool: Yeah it is a bit more faff than using shredded suet, but personally if I'm expecting dumplings I'd rather do it that way than face the disappointment of none at all (was in the exact same situation myself earlier this month :D )
:hmm: they looked good but the bit above the stew line was much better than the squidge below :D

Daughter's at a friends this evening and my son might be having a friend to stay over so baked potatoes with cheese and salad if so, or a char sui pork noodle soup if not (cos I don't think there's enough pork otherwise :hmm: ). Raspberry sorbet for pudding (followed by a visit to the corner shop and loads of sweets and crisps and chocolate, no doubt :D ).

This would require a new thread. Some idiot wants me to do some work though.

The fucking bastards :mad: :rolleyes: :mad:

It's why roasts are good at the weekend though - quite a lot of prep/cooking/effort, but then you're all done for the day :cool: and I feel less guilty for stuffing myself then, too :cool: :D
Like the mediterranean (how the fuck do you spell that? :hmm: ) way - but errrrr - somewhat less healthy. :D

The fucking bastards :mad: :rolleyes: :mad:

It's why roasts are good at the weekend though - quite a lot of prep/cooking/effort, but then you're all done for the day :cool: and I feel less guilty for stuffing myself then, too :cool: :D
Like the mediterranean (how the fuck do you spell that? :hmm: ) way - but errrrr - somewhat less healthy. :D

Yup, and one thing I'm liking about converting to meat eating is the leftovers you get for the rest of the week. Trouble with mixing the Mediterranean habit of eating later in the evening is that us Brits are always too pissed by then.

Personally I can quite happily stuff myself with three large meals every day :D

Jamaican lamb curry, indian spiced greens, rice and then some low-fat pecan and chocolate popcorn which M&S have just started doing and felt it was my duty to test!

I'm having a laydee over so nice sirloin steaks, roasted tatties, roasted sweet tatties, spinach and broccoli with a red wine and mushroom sauce.

Strawberry cheesecake ice cream for dessert.

I'm having a laydee over so nice sirloin steaks, roasted tatties, roasted sweet tatties, spinach and broccoli with a red wine and mushroom sauce.

Strawberry cheesecake ice cream for dessert.

Ah that sounds delicious. :cool:

Mr Yu has gone out to get curry, so who knows when he'll come back. :D But should be Saag Aloo, Dahl, nan and rice.

i'm warming up some bean surprise round a mate's house and giving them £30 i owe them. how did i get persuaded to do that? :confused:

We're having the second half of last week's curry delivery - freezer-foraged this very morn.

I have Sylheti chicken, lass has some spicy garlicky chickeny thing, and the fella's got veg balti. Bought some pakoras, onion bhajis and veg samosas, plus garlic and coriander naans. Nom.

My son's still full from the burger he made this arvo in food tech and the friend who was going to stay was off sick today so he's brought another pal over but he's not staying the night and doesn't need feeding either ( :cool: :D ) so I've sacked off the baked potatoes AND the noodle soup and am progressing with emptying at least ONE of the freezers :oops: (so that I can defrost them both one at a time and then TURN OFF the one downstairs cos there is really no way to justify having them both in use :rolleyes: ) by cooking the last two Danepak chinese ribsteaks :D one for me now, in some bread with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, mayo, a slice of pro cheese...and then one for the boy to have later in a sandwich when he gets hungry.

Veg chilli and some roasted veg on the side. Enough to last me till payday hopefully as I'm skint.

Veg chilli for me as well - everything I've cooked over the last couple of weeks has had a couple of portions to go in the freezer, good job too because we now have no money until next Friday. It does mean that next week is mostly going to involve heating stuff up which for me is a bit of a nightmare scenario because I love cooking. Needs must though :(

Pizza: shop bought Pizza Express margherita, Asda extra special mozzarella & pesto and a Pizza Express pepperoni for BFs son.

Tomorrow I'm out for a curry (Indian).

Veg chilli for me as well - everything I've cooked over the last couple of weeks has had a couple of portions to go in the freezer, good job too because we now have no money until next Friday. It does mean that next week is mostly going to involve heating stuff up which for me is a bit of a nightmare scenario because I love cooking. Needs must though :(
Aye. Needs must this end too. January's always like this for me. 9 days till I get paid. But the fridge is full and there's petrol in the car so I'll live.

Meals will be based on what is in the freezer/cupboard until next Wednesday (payday).
I had a rummage yesterday and there was a pack of chorizo 'style' sausages so I've just put them in the slow cooker along with onion, carrot, garlic, mushrooms (left whole so the boy can identify and remove them), tinned toms, passata, chickpeas and a fuckton of smoked paprika.

I might see if I can make a healthy(ish) ice cream from some rasperries and half fat creme fraiche for pudding.

Back
Top Bottom