Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Salmon last night was lovely. Made with pesto and pine nut crust. Yummy.

Tonight I'm going to do baked chicken (browned in pan first) wrapped in pancetta with Mozzarella and herbs. Probably do some creamed cannellini beans and spinach to go with it. Oh and a garlic bread of somesort.

Spaghetti with walnuts, raisins and parsley as the boy loves walnuts. I won't be able to help myself adding some extra veg though - most probably mushrooms, and probably some mange tout as there's some in the fridge...

Spaghetti with walnuts, raisins and parsley as the boy loves walnuts. I won't be able to help myself adding some extra veg though - most probably mushrooms, and probably some mange tout as there's some in the fridge...
Are the walnuts etc in a sauce?

Mrsfran's much-vouched-for sausage and lentil casserole with a big pile of roasted veggies. :cool: Finally conquered the chilli mountain last night so something a little less violent on the stomach for a few nights.

Chorizo and chicken stew, with pigeon peas and rice. Also have a big pot of stock bubbling away in the background with the remainder of Sunday's chicken. Vaguely eeking the fridge leftovers out and economising/planning food more until the end of the month after the obligatory blow out that is December. Also running down the freezer so that a nice new one can replace our tatty old model

Not a recipe as such, I cooked some green and red split lentils with some veg bouilon and a couple of bay leaves. Fried some shallots, celery, mushrooms and a bit of garlic. Mixed it all together with loads of salt and pepper - it was moist enough to use like that, but you could add some stock and flour if it seems to dry.
The pastry was 4oz of plain white flour, 4 oz wholemeal plain, 2 oz butter and 2 oz of trex. Kneaded, rested then rolled. I blind baked it with some beans for about 10 mins, took the beans out, pricked the bottom and then baked again for another 10 mins. Then added the filling, the lid, brushed with egg and cooked until it was golden.

Cooooorrrrr!!!! :cool:

We had chicken liver and button mushrooms, stroganoff-style, with wide egg noodles; steamed brussels sprouts and carrots; green salad. Pistachio cannoli from the bakery for dessert.

tyskie.jpg

Car service day = 7 hours to kill in a small town (with kids in tow) = Polish lager.

I went for salmon wrapped in bacon and then roasted, with broccoli and honey and mustard dressing on the side.:p

Back
Top Bottom