Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Thinking another batch of sausage and lentil stew. Will see what the TruXtette feels like. Might make it easy for ourselves and do a pasta dish instead.

The Other Half shot a youngish wild turkey hen yesterday, so we're having the breast meat from that (the dog and the barn cats got the rest of it) as a Moroccan-style tajine with root vegetables, dried apricots and preserved lemon. Couscous and the ubiquitous green salad with plain orange vinaigrette to round it all out. No dessert.

You don't need dessert! Half of it is in the main! :p

There was a shtiload left over, so, dashi with tofu and lots of wakame in it, Turkey/Moroccan root veg fritatta with greens and sauteed onions, homefried parsleyed potatoes. Vanilla ice cream with toasted pistachios.

Leftover curry and curried leftovers.

Tonight is stir fried pork and rice, currently marinading in light soy sauce, rice wine, flour and water.

Gonna make a nice big pot of 3 bean chilli tonight. Been hankering after it since I did that vast amount for the gigs and never actually got to eat any of it!

I have a slightly floppy red pepper that needs using so think I'm going to do Piedmont roasted peppers and I might get a nice roll to mop up the juices and maybe do a roast chicken thigh too, cos I really fancy a hunk of meat :oops: - although I've also got some langoustine tails in the freezer, so I might do those in some garlic butter. :cool:

think we'll have tortellini (from a packet) with special red pepper pasta sauce with bonus red peppers, carrots and shrooms. with a salad on the side, and possible some garlic (pita) bread

Mother's made a quiche so we're having that with new potatoes, peas and sweetcorn. The for pud we're having home made mince pies with brandy butter and clotted cream ice cream.

Schoolnight puddings - naughty :cool:

Egg, chips and beans. It's a bit late but I'm fucking starving. All I've eaten today is half a bar of chocolate, some doritos and 7 cans of assorted beer and cider.

Could you not have Pepperoni pizza with extra jalapeños and a baked spud on the side?

Nah, baked spud cooks while I do my radio show, too busy to do anything else with it. Sounds a bit wrong too - wouldn't go very well and both are so filling you don't need much else.

^^^oh god 'chilli sauce & mayo' ahoy.....:D :p

I'm out at The Glee Club in Brum for my works xmas do so it's roast dinner affair with a roasted pepper filled with risotto for us veggies which I thought was a strange choice.

That 3 bean chilli was fucking lush - got some for me lunch today too :cool: Will freeze the rest, cos tonight Matthew, we will be dining on pesto fusilli with a shedful of black olives, sundried tomatoes, and parmesan. And some cake or choccy - will check out the reduced section in Co Op later :cool:

Back
Top Bottom