Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

That 3 bean chilli was fucking lush - got some for me lunch today too :cool: Will freeze the rest, cos tonight Matthew, we will be dining on pesto fusilli with a shedful of black olives, sundried tomatoes, and parmesan. And some cake or choccy - will check out the reduced section in Co Op later :cool:

That's a staple in your house, innit?

That's a staple in your house, innit?
Kinda, yeh - it's one of the few meals that I can eat again and again and never get fed up with. It's a piece of piss to cook, and very satisfying as it goes - chucking everything in a great big stock pot - and I always make masses of it. I'm not veggie, but I prefer it to a meat version.

Got a nice piece of sirloin steak at home. Going to have that with some garlic and mushroom rice and a sauce of my own creation. Worcester sauce, cream and thyme!

Braised beef tongue, onions and mushrooms in a wine-based cacciatore-like sauce, cheese gnocchi, steamed carrots and cauliflower, green salad. No dessert.

Bread is practically speaking a vegetable, surely? Besides I've been arguing with a vegan on FB and felt like animal proteins.

Last night's roast chicken was nom. Tonight I will make the leftover bird into a Vietnamese chicken salad.

Last night was cheesefest. Griddled haloumi and massive shrooms grilled and stuffed with cambozola, yum! Also chilli olives and some spicy crackers. Portuguese deli is my friend :)

Tonight having my italian friend over for tea who is an amazing cook but cant think what to make her, it's gotta be good though!

Last night's roast chicken was nom. Tonight I will make the leftover bird into a Vietnamese chicken salad.

Oooooh.....is that the Rick Stein one? I absolutely LOVE that! :cool:

Last night I had a roast chicken thigh and a broccoli and celery gratin (just because the celery needing using :D although it was pretty nice, tbf! :cool: ).
Also skinned a couple of drumsticks and dumped them in some tandoori spice mix/lemon juice so will do those tonight....and actually, as wrong as it sounds :oops: I might do another broccoli gratin just cos I enjoyed it so much last night - but also cos the milk needs using, too (OMG moonsi's going to have a fucking HEART ATTACK! :eek: ).

Back
Top Bottom