Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I allowed Mrs R to convice me to go over to the dark side and have my cheese underneath my beans. And I quite liked it :eek:

1x09-Storming-the-Castle-Animated-gif-Buster-and-Lucille-2-Celebrate-arrested-development-7915025-300-170.gif

I've taken some haddock out of the freezer, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet.
I'll probably bake it in the oven in a foil parcel and serve it with couscous and roasted cherry toms.

dauphinoise potatoes (which I can prep now), ribboned & steamed savoy cabbage, and erm... oh that'll do, pollack fillets with lemon and pepper.

I fell prey to a BOGOF on eggs last week thinking i'd make some cakes or have scrambled eggs (boy, was i wrong!)
so i'll use some of them tonight in a butternut squash and halloumi omlette to have with some sausages.

Hopefully we'll have take-away this evening, cos I want to make some Stollen and my birthday cake tonight.

I'm making stollen next week as well if the bakery in town manages to get me some marzipan from their supplier (because as we all know, stollen without marzipan in it is downright heretical). :)

As a total aside, does anyone know what those peppers are which are long and fairly thin, but pepper sized, but are actually as spicy as chillies?

Cubanelles can sometimes get rather spicy, but it's most likely you're thinking of the Hungarian (or 'Hungarian Wax') variety. You can somewhat determine its 'hotness' by examining the pointed end-- the less pointed it is, the less spicy it tends to be.

Did you have a fight? Can't go to Ikea without a good bust-up.

Breif recriminations on the way, when we got stuck in the middle of this massive road, but harmony when we got there. But we didn't buy any furniture. :cool:

I'm making stollen next week as well if the bakery in town manages to get me some marzipan from their supplier (because as we all know, stollen without marzipan in it is downright heretical). :)

Cubanelles can sometimes get rather spicy, but it's most likely you're thinking of the Hungarian (or 'Hungarian Wax') variety. You can somewhat determine its 'hotness' by examining the pointed end-- the less pointed it is, the less spicy it tends to be.

Marzipan is indeed essential! I ended up finding some at Ikea of all places. You must live out in the sticks to not be able to get it easily though? And you're right! They are Cubanelles! You're good! It's kind of strange how sometimes they're completely normal and sometimes really spicy.

Marzipan is indeed essential! I ended up finding some at Ikea of all places. You must live out in the sticks to not be able to get it easily though

We do indeed live in the sticks-- four kilometres from the nearest paved road. I could have picked up some marzipan when we were in Toronto the other day, but I'd already ordered it through our local bakery last week.

At long last we're entering our annual hiatus period, so dinnertime marks the end of our working day most days until springtime. We're about to sit down to the same venison/pork sausages as yesterday, potato dumplings and red cabbage with apple and caraway.

Pears, clementines, a piece of Bresse bleu, a bottle of Aussie Shiraz and (hopefully!) a conjugal nap for dessert. :)

We do indeed live in the sticks-- four kilometres from the nearest paved road. I could have picked up some marzipan when we were in Toronto the other day, but I'd already ordered it through our local bakery last week.

At long last we're entering our annual hiatus period, so dinnertime marks the end of our working day most days until springtime. We're about to sit down to the same venison/pork sausages as yesterday, potato dumplings and red cabbage with apple and caraway.

Pears, clementines, a piece of Bresse bleu, a bottle of Aussie Shiraz and (hopefully!) a conjugal nap for dessert. :)

Wow on all accounts!!
I want your life and I don't really like marzipan so that would work too :)

I've got a question for sheo that is obviously highly appropriate to this thread.

On the 'From' thing on your avatar it says "<Blank> :mad:"

May I be so bold as to ask what in the world of fuck that's supposed to mean?

Junk tea tonight for the hangover which I am expecting to kick in around about...now :(

So - Linda Mc burgers with two dirty cheese slices, jalapeno relish, pickled chillis (am actually salivating as I type that), steak-cut chips, and a healthy salad :D Then I'm gonna demolish the other packet of Cadbury's marshmallows with caramel inside them. We got through a packet of 10 the other night in about 3 minutes :D

sausages, roast new pots, roasted carrots and either cabbage or peas, maybe some gravy - I dunno I'm knackered.

Similar to last week but beer instead of wine.
Chicken, slowly braised in stock and pale ale, with lardons, leeks, carrots, caramalised shalotts and sliced mushrooms, served with creamy mashed potato.

Similar to last week but beer instead of wine.
Chicken, slowly braised in stock and pale ale, with lardons, leeks, carrots, caramalised shalotts and sliced mushrooms, served with creamy mashed potato.
That sounds fucking well lush - I haven't cooked with pancetta or lardons for ages now

Chorizo, pepper, mushroom and tomato sauce with pasta.

The wife will get all the chorizo bits as I can't bring myself to eat yet another dish with meat in it but I still want the flavour of it. And I am kidding myself if I cook with it but don't eat it I am being healthier. :rolleyes:

Left over omlette either with frozen wedges, potato waffles or freshly made potato wedges. Maybe some peas too just for the green vitamins.

I just asked the boy which he would like and he replied "what, no meat?"
so i'll roast some spuds with some chorizo to maintain his meat quota :rolleyes:

Hestons Mince pies for pudding :)

Back
Top Bottom