Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

accidentallied a few things and went to bed at 3am :facepalm:

to be fair at about 9pm I was convinced it was actually Saturday :D

Oh no!!

I woke up at 3am to go to the loo and thought it was Sunday :((((((

I have had pasta, pesto, mushrooms, ham and mozzarella.

Georgian Bay splake fillets topped with white wine 'gravy' and scrunchions, roasted parsnips and carrots, home-fried potatoes; green salad. No dessert.

We had smoked mackerel, Charlotte potatoes and peas. The biggest littlun was trying a proper bit of fish (that looked like a fish) for the first time and loved it :cool:

Tonight is chippy tea after Brownies.

Yay for chippy tea! :cool:

I'm making tuna pasta bake, I wanted to buy some cream but they only had huge cartons and they cost nearly £4! So I bought little things of UHT cream for coffee, to add to my pasta sauce. Is this a really bad plan? :oops:

It might taste a bit funny, being UHT.

Think we're gonna have just pasta, LG sauce, olives and a fuckton of grated cheese ont top toneet

i think tonight will be a super healthpoints stir fry. possibly with black beans and noodles but most likely random-chinese-style with rice. with tofu and veg.

more of my superhearty veggie chili. unfortunately, i had no chilis, so i suppose it's an ersatz chili. it has chili powder and loads of tabasco habanero sauce in it though for the kick.

Having a friend over and no idea what to do yet. I'm thinking quick and simple pasta dish or sausage and mash. I think sausage and mash is winning at the moment. Yes. As I typed that, it won. Onion gravy....drooooool......

Skint and lazy, so an 'everything in the cupboard' job. Parsnips, diced chicken, lentils, frozen peas, spinach, rice, all simmered in coconut milk with cayenne pepper. Tastes...surprisingly good.

We rambled around Toronto all day looking for the esoteric electronica the nieces and nephews want for Christmas. To assuage the pain, we went to one of those buffet-style, all-you-can-eat Chinese, cook-it-yourself-in-two-kinds-of-soup places. As a result of that experience, I've bought more cuttlefish for the freezer than I'll ever find recipes for, probably. :facepalm:

we went to one of those buffet-style, all-you-can-eat Chinese, cook-it-yourself-in-two-kinds-of-soup places.

Like hotpot? With a kind of yin-yang bowl of soupy stuff? It's yummy huh? But I can never think of how it's in any way different from Shabu Shabu really.

Our dirty coffee creamed pasta bake was ok, except that I got distracted and over-cooked the pasta. ick.

Think I'll make pasties of some kind tonight, with mash if I can find some good potatoes. I wish the Chinese ate parsnips, I always miss them when winter comes.

I made sausage and mash last night. Got 12 Cumberlands for a fiver and made a ton of onion gravy. So toad in the hole tonight :)

Back
Top Bottom